Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

4 minutes ago, The Panda said:

It's okay, because this storm is just the calm before the box office storm 

Hidden Content

Every time I see the 50 Shades of Black trailer in theaters the audience dies... of laughing so much. I can see it doing strong numbers. Finest Hours is gonna bomb. Not sure what to expect from KFP3, tho.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Every time I see the 50 Shades of Black trailer in theaters the audience dies... of laughing so much. I can see it doing strong numbers. Finest Hours is gonna bomb. Not sure what to expect from KFP3, tho.

Ppl still care about KFP? I feel that this movie has zero buzz, I haven't even see any trailer yet 

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

It's to soar the heights of amazing box office success.

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I also think 50 Shades of Black will have a decent opening.

At least 15 m.

Also, how is it racist?

I am thinking at least the same the first Haunted House did on OW. 

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Ppl still care about KFP? I feel that this movie has zero buzz, I haven't even see any trailer yet 

It won't surprise me if it opens with "just" 30-35M.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I am thinking at least the same the first Haunted House did on OW. 

It won't surprise me if it opens with "just" 30-35M.

An OW above $40m also wouldn't surprise me at all, it's hard to predict DW movies, everybody expected Home to bomb, and it made success, while HTTY2 was locked to be a huge hit, and....... Even with low buzz, I think it can be huge, thanks to the lack of animation movies, what was the last animated hit? Peanuts? Parents has money to spend 

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

An OW above $40m also wouldn't surprise me at all, it's hard to predict DW movies, everybody expected Home to bomb, and it made success, while HTTY2 was locked to be a huge hit, and....... Even with low buzz, I think it can be huge, thanks to the lack of animation movies, what was the last animated hit? Peanuts? Parents has money to spend 

Good Dinosaur did over 100M as well and Alvin 4 did 80M and opened on Christmas. Still, it is time for a new animation movie, yeah.

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm talking about hits :P

I remember ppl talking in $400m-$500m for this in China, this still possible after so many disappointments there?

That is insanity :lol: Lets try 300M before going into those crazy numbers.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Kung Fu Panda 3 will do at least $45M next weekend. Marketing is strong and the market is completely open for it.

45M? I doubt that but I hope it happens.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I think with a January filled with "Uurgh" & "meh" movies....that didn't do much for people.....and KFP3 is a film that fans are caring to see.

So far...the reviews for Kung Fu Panda 3, has been very positive.

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm talking about hits :P

I remember ppl talking in $400m-$500m for this in China, this still possible after so many disappointments there?

The last big successful animated hit was "Hotel Transylvania 2" which made $467M WW.....and it's been 3-4 months since that film.

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That is insanity :lol: Lets try 300M before going into those crazy numbers.

45M? I doubt that but I hope it happens.

Why not? There hasn't been a major family film in a while (or at least since Star Wars, which counts on some level) and the marketing is virtually everywhere. If Home could debut to $52M, then this, being a sequel, should definitely take advantage of an empty marketplace.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1