Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

6 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

KFP2 also had a lot of positive reviews 

Yeah...it had.

But the problem is.....adults wanted to see Hangover 2 more....Granted, it was a different audience....but....if that film picked another release slot, KFP2 would have opened better and done better.

But nope, Po and the Furious Five had to compete against Alan and his wolfpack.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Who would have thought that an original Pixar movie would make more than the biggest kids brand in world? 

You mean the showdown between Pixar's Inside Out & Illumination's Minions? DOM-wise?

Well.....maybe the people who loved IO and the ones who thought Minions wasn't great but still very enjoyable.

WW-wise was another story:

Inside Out's $856M WW against Minions's $1.157B WW.

2 hours ago, lab276 said:

In events like these, I wonder why on earth anyone would live on the East Coast.

better than earthquakes on the west coast and tornados in the Midwest, lose your house in those events

with a blizzard you get to keep your house, go sledding and drink hot cocoa

• Like 4

I don't know if this has been quoted yet, but this jab at Dirty Grandpa from Deadline made me laugh:

Of the newcomers, Lionsgate and Bill Block Media’s R-rated comedy Dirty Grandpa is in line for the No. 4 spot although it’s being hammered by the critics,including by our own Pete Hammond who called it “stupefyingly awful.” Audiences found it funnier than most critics by giving it a B CinemaScore. Could have something to do with the fact that the average reading level of adults in the U.S. is 7th or 8th grade.