Travod

Oscars Discussion - Nominations in First Post - Red Carpet Time!

Well how can an actor who barely says two words in a film win the award for best actor! The Academy sucks! The Artist has Best Picture locked up now.

Acting is more than words. I guess that is how it would be justified.

Well how can an actor who barely says two words in a film win the award for best actor! The Academy sucks! The Artist has Best Picture locked up now.

Come on, how can you say that? We had silent films for a long time, do you really think people can't judge good acting just because we didn't hear his voice?

Would you have said that if von Sydow won?Edit: I'm glad we all recognize how ridiculous that statement is. Edited by RichWS

I think The Artist and The King's Speech were both pleasantly enjoyable films. People don't like when pleasantly enjoyable wins Best Picture. You get a backlash against the film itself, when it probably should be aimed at the Oscar process itself. The Artist doesn't deserve your hate, but it's pointless at this point to say otherwise.

I think The Artist and The King's Speech were both pleasantly enjoyable films. People don't like when pleasantly enjoyable wins Best Picture. You get a backlash against the film itself, when it probably should be aimed at the Oscar process itself. The Artist doesn't deserve your hate, but it's pointless at this point to say otherwise.

I own the Kings Speech on DVD. It wasn't my favourite but I liked it. The Artist is just boring. I will try to see it again, but I will fail to do it.