abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

What insolence! You should be glad that Brazil exists because of us. You never know, that whole area could've been an extension of one of those drug infected dictatorships that exist in South America right now (but then again, Brazil isn't too far off from that anyway [emoji185]).

Ok Sean B

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I have to ask.

If BvS were directed by someone else, you know, a better director......would the film's critical reception be a lot better than what it is now? What if J.J Abrams directed this? How different would the movie be?

It would be a fan film. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I have to ask.

If BvS were directed by someone else, you know, a better director......would the film's critical reception be a lot better than what it is now? What if J.J Abrams directed this? How different and how much better would the movie be?

JJ directed STID too. How did that go?

3 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I have to ask.

If BvS were directed by someone else, you know, a better director......would the film's critical reception be a lot better than what it is now? What if J.J Abrams directed this? How different and how much better would the movie be?

Watch a Marvel film. It would be that. 

1 minute ago, Jay Hollywood said:

This is proof, WOM and critics do mean something.

WOM yes, Critics no.

Sometimes they align and it seems critics matter but it's WOM making all the difference for a movie like BVS.

11 hours ago, Telemachos said:

My first instinct was that this is a lousy number. On second thought, though, it doesn't seem that awful. Basically, on a "more normal" week, we'd have seen a slightly harsher Monday drop, a lighter Tuesday drop, and a 31-32% Wed drop. BVS just took a slightly different route to the same end result. 

Lol dude this is not a good Monday-Wednesday sequence, no other way to spin it.

2 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

STID was very well-received by critics & audience alike, though. That 87% by critics & 90% by audience.

But the movie underperformed at bo. bo is all that matters.

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

But the movie underperformed at bo. bo is all that matters.

True.....but it underperformed due to very heavy competition that May 2013. Iron Man 3 stole it's BO-thunder. And it didn't help either that Fast 6 & Hangover 3 cut it's legs off. And also lackluster marketing.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Yeah, probably.

Serious, but also enjoyable & fun at the same time.

I prefer a bit challenging with a touch of soul. Like the 2002 Spiderman. Or all great movies. BvS checks all the boxes. And we have not seen the final version. Yet.

1 minute ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

That doesn't make an sense. There have been several marvel directors.  

I find that to be an odd factoid myself. 

Must all have attended the same film school together.

• Like 1