WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

18 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I think he was drunk when he made Spidey 3 -- LOL

He didn't want to use Venom - wanted to use Vulture IIRC. Basically there was a lot of studio interference in that film.

• Like 1

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

It's not, if I remember correctly that second weekend on mojo was pretty similar to what's happening here. Just a mind numbingly bad set of numbers.

I'm not much of an X3 fan but yeah, BVS is basically acting like that and/or WATCHMEN. A base of fandom that's excited enough by the director or characters and universe to turn out on opening weekend, but not much interest beyond that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

When was Disney a rival to Spielberg? (Except when he still owned DreamWorks Animation)

Hell he even produced Roger Rabbit.

Yeah that has a lot to do with it plus most of his major movies were not with them. Its not like a major rivalry or anything but there have been plenty of tense moments between the two companies.

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I HIGHLY doubt "studio interference" is the only reason a movie is bad, ever. I can't think of an exception.

Never said it was - but he basically had to make a film he didnt really believe in.

FWIW I dont really think any of the Raimi Spider-Man films are particularly good and think they're pretty dated now.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Yeah that has a lot to do with it plus most of his major movies were not with them. Its not like a major rivalry or anything but there have been plenty of tense moments between the two companies.

It was mostly Katzenberg stirring up the drama between DW and Disney though (since he had a rivalry with Eisner).