Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kayumanggi

THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS | 507.1 M overseas | 875.5 M worldwide

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

Right now, I'd say:

250m DOM

320-350 OS

570-600 WW

So where is China?Pets will certainly release in China.Hope it will release in summer vocation.DM2 number($52M)is promising.Minions did $68M.

Angry birds will hit $80M.KFP3 $154M.Zootopia $236M.It's a BIG year for animation.even in China.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

So where is China?Pets will certainly release in China.Hope it will release in summer vocation.DM2 number($52M)is promising.Minions did $68M.

Angry birds will hit $80M.KFP3 $154M.Zootopia $236M.It's a BIG year for animation.even in China.

When will it release in China?

If it's a September release then it won't do well because this bad release date killed Minions in China last year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MinaTakla said:

When will it release in China?

If it's a September release then it won't do well because this bad release date killed Minions in China last year

Not sure yet.The release date will be settled until August.But 50M is promising imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016年6月8日 at 2:02 AM, MinaTakla said:

When will it release in China?

If it's a September release then it won't do well because this bad release date killed Minions in China last year

China August 2,Tuesday.

almost comfired.never expect so early.Early August is a little crowded.August 9 is half Chinese valentine's Day.A number of local romance films will release from August 5~August 12.But No very big hit has been in August yet.So it's better opening window than minions.Summer vocation and valentine's day in China.80~100M is on the roof.PETS maybe higher than minions due to summer vocation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, bangbingchan said:

China August 2,Tuesday.

almost comfired.never expect so early.Early August is a little crowded.August 9 is half Chinese valentine's Day.A number of local romance films will release from August 5~August 12.But No very big hit has been in August yet.So it's better opening window than minions.Summer vocation and valentine's day in China.80~100M is on the roof.PETS maybe higher than minions due to summer vocation.

Thanks a lot for the update! Appreciate it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A good release date doesn't automatically guarantee huge box office just as a not so good release date doesn't automatically guarantee a 

bomb at the box office.

There are movies in ALL markets that do extremely well even though the release date isn't the best and movies that bomb with great release dates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Planodisney said:

A good release date doesn't automatically guarantee huge box office just as a not so good release date doesn't automatically guarantee a 

bomb at the box office.

There are movies in ALL markets that do extremely well even though the release date isn't the best and movies that bomb with great release dates.

I didn't mean any number is locked.Good release date is much much better than bad.It looks more promising now.Though,most people have to wait for two months.Some will have the preview in Hongkong June 30.It's crowded summer for family films.PETS should do great with strong buzz from every trailer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think you can overestimate 

the effect of having "by the studio that brought you DM" in the previews in OS markets.

I see at least 500 million OS.

I think as far as domestic we can look to another hugely anticipated original animated release, The Lego Movie, to approximate gross.

I think it COULD go a bit higher than Lego Movie.  275-300.

The only thing that could hamper domestic legs somewhat is following 2 hugely successful animated releases.  Zootopia and Dory.  Both these films are having a much bigger impact domestic than OS.  Could mute Pets legs.

Anyway, I'm thinking 750-850 is about the sweet spot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.