MinaTakla

Weekend Actuals: Pets 104.3M - increases from estimates, Tarzan 21M, Dory 20.8M

Apologies if I'm late to the party on this math...

Dory needs a 4.7x from this weekend to hit 500 mil. IO did a 5.08x from a similarly steeper fall. MU did 3.65x but that film never had the staying power of Pixar films. Toy Story did 4.6x but Inception weekend hurt it more than DM

My instinct says Dory will get there and I'm sure Disney is interested in having the first animated film to hit half a billion domestic. That would also be a 3.68x from OW which would be extraordinary. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gopher said:

Apologies if I'm late to the party on this math...

Dory needs a 4.7x from this weekend to hit 500 mil. IO did a 5.08x from a similarly steeper fall. MU did 3.65x but that film never had the staying power of Pixar films. Toy Story did 4.6x but Inception weekend hurt it more than DM

My instinct says Dory will get there and I'm sure Disney is interested in having the first animated film to hit half a billion domestic. That would also be a 3.68x from OW which would be extraordinary. 

Surely. It has to get close enough and Disney will push it. But looking at the weekdays I don't think it will need much help. Last weekend was a combo of coming off inflated ID weekend and PETS 100m+ OW. It will stabilize in the coming weekends and continue to do great on weekdays for 500m+. I was hoping it would do 100m over TS3's 415m for 515m dom. That is doubtful but I don't see it missing 500m especially since mid 490s will motivate Disney to give a push.

11.8 is a 59% drop from 28,765,550 Sunday.

MINIONS and IO were down 58% and 58.4% respectively on 1st Monday, so it's in line with them (DORY was down....gulp.....43.5%).

Tue and Wed will be your usual :lol: and :unsure:.

Thursday is the fun weekday to watch - IO was +1.1%, MINIONS -17.6%, DORY -3.7%