Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAJK

If they remade the Prequels, who would you want to direct?

Recommended Posts

Pretty straightforward. They will never remake the Prequels, nor do I want them to (I happen to like them just the way they are). But in an alternate universe where they announced Episode 1, 2 and 3 were being remade, who would you like announced as director? Only crutch is you cannot pick someone who has previously directed within the series, or is listed as a director for an upcoming Star Wars film.

 

I honestly don't even have a pick myself, so I'm curious as to who you guys would choose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The prequels are just one of those things. I know people will nag and nag and nag, but there is so much good there, I don't care who you are. It will always come down to 85% amazing, 15 are you out of your fucking mind.

 

Star Wars will continue to have a standard that no other franchise will ever have.

 

Would I want James Gunn Attack of the Clones, sure why not. I doubt it would be much different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know I love the prequels for what they are, warts and all. I do wish that LF wouldn't be afraid to reference them in their new films, make movies in that era and mostly definitely video games.

 

I wouldn't mind Steven Spielberg, Jon Favreau, or maybe the Russo brothers having a go at it though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2016 at 3:18 PM, Kalo said:

I don't know I love the prequels for what they are, warts and all. I do wish that LF wouldn't be afraid to reference them in their new films, make movies in that era and mostly definitely video games.

 

I wouldn't mind Steven Spielberg, Jon Favreau, or maybe the Russo brothers having a go at it though. 

Never thought about the Russos. I would like to see their version of TPM.

 

Revenge of the Sith is the hard one for me; that movie for me is already so good, and I would like a director who could get the emotional core of the film as well as the spectacle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

 

 

 

Revenge of the Sith is the hard one for me; that movie for me is already so good, and I would like a director who could get the emotional core of the film as well as the spectacle.

 

On 7/23/2016 at 2:52 PM, Ethan Hunt said:

 Matt Reeves

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screw it, here we go.

 

I agree with Ethan; Reeves would be an excellent pick for Episode 3. I would still stick with it and say I wold want the Russo bros for Episode 1. But honestly, one name that intrigues me for Episode 2 is Dan Trachtenberg. I mean we've only seen him do one thing really, but his character beats and intensity in 10 Cloverfield Lane makes me think he might be able to pull off an Anakin/Obi-Wan or Anakin/Padme relationship that we should have gotten last time around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Never thought about the Russos. I would like to see their version of TPM.

 

Revenge of the Sith is the hard one for me; that movie for me is already so good, and I would like a director who could get the emotional core of the film as well as the spectacle.

 

Yes ROTS is amazing. but there are some things I would change like, having Leia remembering her mother line up and have Padme live for a while after the twins are born and her having to separate them. and die a more heroic death maybe. as well as making Anakin's transition to the dark side more drawn out. honestly EPII should have been part of Ep III, with EP II being in the heart of the clone wars or at least taking place over  a couple years so we can actually see it. I wouldn't mind seeing a Clone Wars Movie. with Matt Lanter playing Anakin. too bad Leo is too old to play Anakin now though :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Screw it, here we go.

 

I agree with Ethan; Reeves would be an excellent pick for Episode 3. I would still stick with it and say I wold want the Russo bros for Episode 1. But honestly, one name that intrigues me for Episode 2 is Dan Trachtenberg. I mean we've only seen him do one thing really, but his character beats and intensity in 10 Cloverfield Lane makes me think he might be able to pull off an Anakin/Obi-Wan or Anakin/Padme relationship that we should have gotten last time around.

 

I think just about anyone could pull off a Anakin/Padme relationship we could get around better than Lucas did :lol:. I totally didn't think of Matt Reeves but after thinking about it.. yeah that sounds perfect. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Kalo said:

 

I think just about anyone could pull off a Anakin/Padme relationship we could get around better than Lucas did :lol:. I totally didn't think of Matt Reeves but after thinking about it.. yeah that sounds perfect. 

Sorry, out of likes :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On July 26, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Kalo said:

I don't know I love the prequels for what they are, warts and all. I do wish that LF wouldn't be afraid to reference them in their new films, make movies in that era and mostly definitely video games.

 

I wouldn't mind Steven Spielberg, Jon Favreau, or maybe the Russo brothers having a go at it though. 

 

Spielberg directed 3 scenes in Sith. He wanted to see how the cameras worked for TinTin.

 

I guess my point is, you are still directing those scripts. Lucas directed them fine, its the PP and maybe slightly better acting your dealing with. Unless you are saying they gave the directors complete control of the film, which would never happen with any director except Spielberg in 2005.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thegun said:

 

Spielberg directed 3 scenes in Sith. He wanted to see how the cameras worked for TinTin.

 

I guess my point is, you are still directing those scripts. Lucas directed them fine, its the PP and maybe slightly better acting your dealing with. Unless you are saying they gave the directors complete control of the film, which would never happen with any director except Spielberg in 2005.

 

Yeah, but this is if they were remade. I'm pretty sure they would have new scripts if they were. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016-07-28 at 4:35 AM, Kalo said:

 

I think just about anyone could pull off a Anakin/Padme relationship we could get around better than Lucas did :lol:. I totally didn't think of Matt Reeves but after thinking about it.. yeah that sounds perfect. 

Wooden and corny it may be. BUT (and this is bigger than Nicki Minaj's) this love affair is probably meant to be pictured like: honest but corny. 
It's OK if you dont like it (I too find it pretty dull in fact), but you should consider what Lucas wanted it to be before you call it bad. Maybe it's perfect? and I think I know what Lucas is looking for in those scenes and I believe he got it right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Wooden and corny it may be. BUT (and this is bigger than Nicki Minaj's) this love affair is probably meant to be pictured like: honest but corny. 
It's OK if you dont like it (I too find it pretty dull in fact), but you should consider what Lucas wanted it to be before you call it bad. Maybe it's perfect? and I think I know what Lucas is looking for in those scenes and I believe he got it right. 

So you're saying Lucas intended for the prequels to suck. I get it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On August 2, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Kalo said:

 

Yeah, but this is if they were remade. I'm pretty sure they would have new scripts if they were. 

 

But why remake them in the first place?  We got an overall satisfying Prequel batch.  I doubt anyone would want to see 3 remade prequel films, new scripts doesn't change the overall storyline.  We're simply talking better actors and updated effects. I'd much rather original SW films then dwelling on what has already come.  I sure as hell wouldn't want a remake of the Hobbit prequels or Die Another Day, and as we all saw with Wrath of Kahn (Which is a classic but certainly dated and could have used it) it's pointless for such huge films to be done again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Thegun said:

 

But why remake them in the first place?  We got an overall satisfying Prequel batch.  I doubt anyone would want to see 3 remade prequel films, new scripts doesn't change the overall storyline.  We're simply talking better actors and updated effects. I'd much rather original SW films then dwelling on what has already come.  I sure as hell wouldn't want a remake of the Hobbit prequels or Die Another Day, and as we all saw with Wrath of Kahn (Which is a classic but certainly dated and could have used it) it's pointless for such huge films to be done again.

 

Well they probably won't be, it was just a what if. but seriously dude. the title of this thread is If they remade the Prequels. it's all just speculation anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 28/07/2016 at 3:18 AM, DAJK said:

Screw it, here we go.

 

I agree with Ethan; Reeves would be an excellent pick for Episode 3. I would still stick with it and say I wold want the Russo bros for Episode 1. But honestly, one name that intrigues me for Episode 2 is Dan Trachtenberg. I mean we've only seen him do one thing really, but his character beats and intensity in 10 Cloverfield Lane makes me think he might be able to pull off an Anakin/Obi-Wan or Anakin/Padme relationship that we should have gotten last time around.

 

10 cloverfield lane sucked so he would be a fucking terrible choice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So you're saying Lucas intended for the prequels to suck. I get it

So Much anger in you. Maybe in 50 years -- when you're sixty, old, sick and bitter, regretting that you voted for Donald Dump -- you maybe will see things from another point of view. :) 

Cheers! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.