WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

5 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

From what I'm seeing this is what I like to call the "Movie Night Effect"

When your at a friend's house and they put on a movie and you end up loving it so much you go out and buy your own copy.Plus recommend it to others.

Yeah, that's never happened before DCEU movies arrived on video. Congrats on picking up on such an exciting trend!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Bvs should do 100+ in DVD sales.

I think the public has learned thier lesson about DC.

For now on they will see DC flims for themselves instead of getting influence not to.

In order for BVS to stay atop as long as it has people really will have to be into it.

From what I'm seeing this is what I like to call the "Movie Night Effect"

When your at a friend's house and they put on a movie and you end up loving it so much you go out and buy your own copy.Plus recommend it to others.

RT loyals who are renting BVS (watching it for the first time) and liking it more than they expected might be giving SS a shot by ignoring it's reviews.

Who knows if BVS's 'better than I thought' reception is helping SS somewhat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

RT loyals who are renting BVS (watching it for the first time) and liking it more than they expected might be giving SS a shot by ignoring it's reviews.

Who knows if BVS's 'better than I thought' reception is helping SS somewhat.

I think so and vice versa.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

Look at how much of a disaster BvS is. :)

I guess this chart means Allegiant was a a much loved success since it sold more than Zootopia, Deadpool not to mention LOTR and TFA :rock:

Rank Previous Week Title Studio Index*
1 New Allegiant Lionsgate/Summit 100.00
2 New Miracles From Heaven Sony Pictures 30.09
3 2 Zootopia Disney 17.84
4 1 Kung Fu Panda 3 Fox/DreamWorks 15.11
5 78 The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Warner 10.19
6 3 Deadpool Fox 8.92
7 5 Star Wars: Episode VII — The Force Awakens Disney/Lucasfilm 6.83
8 New Green Room Lionsgate 6.45
9 4 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi Paramount 6.00
10 ** Fast & Furious Collection Universal 5.92

Must we throw water on BvS's Blu Ray and digital sales success :)

55% of the sales are coming from Blu Rays which makes sense. Snyder's a visionary and these sequences are best seen in the highest of definition.  Hopefully, more content for 4K will allow more people to make the switch as I have.

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

I guess this chart means Allegiant was a a much loved success since it sold more than Zootopia, Deadpool not to mention LOTR and TFA :rock:

6 3 Deadpool Fox 8.92

The difference is it didn't hold the #1 spot for four weeks in the row :popcorn:

DOM Total after 3 weekends as a % of OW [and the final multiplier]

DEADPOOL 285.254/132.435 215% [2.74x]

APOCALYPSE 136.289/65.770 207% [2.36x]

SUICIDE SQUAD 262.429/133.682 196% [?]

CIVIL WAR 347.216/179.139 194% [2.28x]

DAWN OF JUSTICE 296.614/166.007 179% [1.99x]

SUICIDE SQUAD marginally ahead of CW. 2.3x (307.5 dom) likely considering all the other % and multipliers are in the same order.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

Just now, Brainiac5 said:

The difference is it didn't hold the #1 spot for four weeks in the row :popcorn:

Since it's all based on percentages it depends on what it's holding against.  So far it's new competition has consisted of Boss, Keanu, Mother's Day, Hardcore Henry and The Killing Joke.    

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

6 3 Deadpool Fox 8.92

Do you guys have any idea how to read these charts or not really? Because this doesn't have the number of units sold. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Since it's all based on percentages it depends on what it's holding against.  So far it's new competition has consisted of Boss, Keanu, Mother's Day, Hardcore Henry and The Killing Joke.    

Are you looking for something wrong?

It surely does seems that way to me:apocalypse:

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Must we throw water on BvS's Blu Ray and digital sales success :)

55% of the sales are coming from Blu Rays which makes sense. Snyder's a visionary and these sequences are best seen in the highest of definition.  Hopefully, more content for 4K will allow more people to make the switch as I have.

Yes, why put anything in perspective in the absence of any hard or even projected numbers (which is what The Numbers does since hard numbers are never released) .  It's not as of this is a box office site or anything.

Snyder's a visionary --- that sounds like bait.  :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, CJohn said:

Do you guys have any idea how to read these charts or not really? Because this doesn't have the number of units sold. 

No one ever really releases the numbers for specific movies, but they do announce the weekly sales of all DVDs and Blu-Rays.

As for the chart you just saw, look at the index value. It tells you how many copies a movies sold compared to the #1 movie. This, combined with the overall sales data, is how people guess at the sales for individual movies.

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

No one ever really releases the numbers for specific movies, but they do announce the weekly sales of all DVDs and Blu-Rays.

As for the chart you just saw, look at the index value. It tells you how many copies a movies sold compared to the #1 movie. This, combined with the overall sales data, is how people guess at the sales for individual movies.

A $ figure for the the premiere week of DVDs and Blu-rays used to be common but I can't recall the last time it was done in a press release.  Did they do it for TFA?  The most I see now is Home Media Magazine giving overall sales figure like this

Webresearch-080616-8D.jpg

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

A $ figure for the the premiere week of DVDs and Blu-rays used to be common but I can't recall the last time it was done in a press release.  Did they do it for TFA?  The most I see now is Home Media Magazine giving overall sales figure like this

Webresearch-080616-8D.jpg

That picture right there is probably why they don't announce individual sales anymore.

Edited by cannastop

TBH how do you even know what's a good number without seeing what previous movies did.  I remember reading that Man of Steel outsold Iron Man 3 by a wide margin which was surprising but if you tell me "x movie sold 1 million copies over 6 months"  I'm like Okay, is that good??  At least for Man of Steel we know how much is made from that stream and all revenue streams and in that piece that Deadline wrote it had Man of Steel making a nice profit for WB after everything was counted.