WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

1 minute ago, BluRayHiDef said:

Casting Michael Rosenbaum would have been stupid because Smallville and the DCEU have different continuities. Casting him would have caused confusion and would have been strange. 

No, it wouldn't have been stupid. It wouldn't have caused any confusion. Just because Smallville and DCEU have different continuities that wouldn't prohibit an actor from playing the same role in them both. I don't even understand your statement.

• Like 2

When films like Sleepaway Camp or leprechaun or any number of Straight to DVD movies are getting four five or six sequals you know there are all kinds of revenue streams that we are not aware of. It doesn't surprise me that the mechanic has another sequel. All we are really privy too is the box office from home video and from theatrical. There's got to be many other ways that these films are making money.

• Like 5

I think Ben-Hur will be a little under GOE which finished at 31 mill DOM. My guess it gets 28 mill DOM. Its WW will be interesting because I really don't see it doing nearly as well foreign as GOE did. I think its safe to say ben-hur will be the flop of the year by quite a bit. 

Edited by bigfetz

15 minutes ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

TV actors are (usually) TV actors for a reason. They can be great in TV but that doesn't translate necessarily to the big screen. I'm not surprised at all that WB chose not to re-use the DC show actors for their big movie universe. 

Usually , I'd agree with that. But not all TV actors are like that. I think Michael has a lot of potential. He was great in that role and even when fans started to edit videos of him with some MOS and BvS footage, he still looked and felt like a great Lex  . But then again that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, bigfetz said:
- (4) Kubo and the Two Strings Focus Features $1,077,095 -71% 3,260 $330   $13,685,467 4
- (6) Ben-Hur Paramount Pictures $937,817 -68% 3,084 $304   $12,141,632 4

Is there any hope left for Kubo :sadben:

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Usually , I'd agree with that. But not all TV actors are like that. I think Michael has a lot of potential. He was great in that role and even when fans started to edit videos of him with some MOS and BvS footage, he still looked and felt like a great Lex  . But then again that's just my opinion.

I can't really speak about him because I never watched SMALLVILLE. But I think it's safe to say that WB was well aware of him and his portrayal. So it's not like he was accidentally missed. I think there's probably plenty of actors who could've delivered a good "traditional" Luthor.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Is there any hope left for Kubo :sadben:

I didn't realize KUBO had a 60mil budget.

Not even that could save it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I can't really speak about him because I never watched SMALLVILLE. But I think it's safe to say that WB was well aware of him and his portrayal. So it's not like he was accidentally missed. I think there's probably plenty of actors who could've delivered a good "traditional" Luthor.

They were aware of him ,  He wins every single poll as the best Lex to date, some fans actually started a petition. He wasn't a traditional Luthor btw , it was a new take on the character ( more exploration of what made him the villain that he is now ) but he still managed to give the role the essence of the traditional Luthor even when it's a new take and origin. I think that's exactly what BvS's Lex Luthor needs.I don't hate Jesse's portrayal, but I don't like it either ( even though I loved the movie ) they need to tone down his twitchy and jumpy mannerisms .

1 minute ago, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I may be biased, but I'm really against any sort of fan polls. :lol: They tend just to want what they already know.

No harm in being biased , everyone is , one way or another.I agree about fan polls, the thing is , Michael's portrayal of Lex was Loved even by smallville's haters , who barely watched a season of it but still talk about him as great Luthor :lol: Who's your favorite Luhtor by the way? Gene hackman?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

No harm in being biased , everyone is , one way or another.I agree about fan polls, the thing is , Michael's portrayal of Lex was Loved even by smallville's haters , who barely watched a season of it but still talk about him as great Luthor :lol: Who's your favorite Luhtor by the way? Gene hackman?

I feel so indifferent towards all of them. :lol: And I haven't seen SMALLVILLE, like I said. I guess Hackman by default, cuz it's Hackman.

• Like 1