WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 62): Suicide Squad 20.9M | Sausage Party 15.5M | War Dogs 14.7M | Kubo 12.6M | Pete's Dragon 11.3M | Ben Hur 11.2M

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Fast and Furious movies are so repetitive, unoriginal, forgettable pieces of disposable entertainment that are well crafted enough to make people don't care paying to see the same crap over and over. It reminds me of another superhero universe, not the DCEU.

Once the DCEU gets 7 or so installments in, we'll see about it being repetitive. It also needs to step up and be more than "interesting, but flawed."

As it stands at the moment, though, F&F is the best ongoing action franchise. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Once the DCEU gets 7 or so installments in, we'll see about it being repetitive. It also needs to step up and be more than "interesting, but flawed."

As it stands at the moment, though, F&F is the best ongoing action franchise. 

Hahahahaha no. Both Marvel and Star Wars films are FAR better. Their box office and the critic and public acclaim tell the whole story. These are the "action franchises" to beat right now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Hahahahaha no. Both Marvel and Star Wars films are FAR better. Their box office and the critic and public acclaim tell the whole story. These are the "action franchises" to beat right now.

Star Wars has one modern film, so there isn't enough to go on. It will need to show it has more than nostalgia going for it. 

Marvel has settled into "entertaining, but of journeyman construction". There isn't anything particularly innovative. An MCU film might be a good way to spend a couple hours, but I'm not hankering to revisit them. 

F&F is always looking for a new cool thing to do. It consistently gives a reason not just to see the film, but to see it in the theater. I'll take it for my action over the others 9 times out of ten. So, yeah, it's the best extant action franchise. 

• Like 2

On 21/08/2016 at 1:27 AM, Tele the Jet Baller said:

I'll take a look at it. The lack of contrast and the cool tone means it's not gonna be great on its own (I think).

"Nothing particularly innovative"but the critic and public acclaim that results in huge box office results for building a cinematic universe that every other studio wants to emulate because it's fucking innovative and changed how studios perceive franchises from the ground up, but... sure. :redcapes:

• Like 3

Marvel doesn't make bad films. Always solid entertainment. Even train wrecks like IM3 and Ultron has great moments. But Marvel have no balls to take risks and do something different. All their films are predictable. I prefer DC's approach even if it means more flawed projects, when they eventually get it right that movie will be ace.

Fact: MCU first three film domestic tally: 765m. DCU 883m. So you guys crying for BvS and SS should think again, DCU is off to a flying start. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm a traitor to the FUCK ZACK SNYDER cause. :bourne:

aMboWpSh.jpg

I've bought it today and I bet that it'll sell pretty well. Can't wait for the blu-rays for Captain America: Civil War and Suicide Squad tho. 

I knew deep down you loved this masterpiece, iJack :redcapes:

The minimum I see SS doing is

7.75 (Mon-Thu; -59% from last Mon-Thu) + 9.75 (3rd weekend; -53%) + 3.5 (Mon-Thu, -55%) + 7 (4-day 4th weekend; -28%)

= 28 more to the current cume of 262.4 = 290.4 by Labor Day and then a few more in the rest of the run for 300+ DOM.

300 is a lock IMO and the minimum SS will do looking at the big drops I have given.

Edited by a2knet

27 minutes ago, a2knet said:

The minimum I see SS doing is

7.75 (Mon-Thu; -59% from last Mon-Thu) + 9.75 (3rd weekend; -53%) + 3.5 (Mon-Thu, -55%) + 7 (4-day 4th weekend; -28%)

= 28 more to the current cume of 262.4 = 290.4 by Labor Day and then a few more in the rest of the run for 300+ DOM.

300 is a lock IMO and the minimum SS will do looking at the big drops I have given.

Yeah 300 domestic is locked anything over is a plus.

Personally I think it tops out at 310-315

1 hour ago, The Dark Alfred said:

Marvel doesn't make bad films. Always solid entertainment. Even train wrecks like IM3 and Ultron has great moments. But Marvel have no balls to take risks and do something different. All their films are predictable. I prefer DC's approach even if it means more flawed projects, when they eventually get it right that movie will be ace.

Fact: MCU first three film domestic tally: 765m. DCU 883m. So you guys crying for BvS and SS should think again, DCU is off to a flying start. 

Idk why DCEU fans cling to that fact when in all reality that number should be higher considering Superman is the most recongized superhero in history and none of his movies ever went over 700 million, BvS threw every justice league member in there with 2 iconic villians and couldn't even surpass 900 million worldwide and suicide squad basically marketed 2 iconic villains and had will smith front and center with Batman and Flash cameos and its basically turtle racing to 700 million worldwide. 

Edited by iHeartJames
  • Like 2

That is silly argument. Will you call 300m a failure for Marvel Spidey, because of the popularity of SM? That would be a great number for Homecoming. All the DCU films did well. Superman is boring, the last entry could hardly crawl past 200m. MoS improved, BvS further increased. Batman solo film will do even better. Jury is still out on JLA. Without a doubt SS is the most successful project so far, doing close to GotG numbers domestic and performing better than GotG internationally is definitely belongs to the success column.

BVS was financially successful and a hit. But can't see how someone cannot accept that it was disappointing at the bo.

Find people saying it won't do 350 dom. Go to the Over/Under 375 club a look at posts 1 week before the OW. It didn't even do 335.

F7 opened with 147 and did 353 in a similar calendar. It's a sequel in a franchise not known for legs.

BVS did 166 and 330. It's not even in the top 10 CBMs, unadjsuted that too.

BVS in 2016 falling below GOTG's 2014 dom....Batman+Superman+WonderWoman+Lex....how is that not disappointing.

It did 1.99x and could not crack 2.0x. It's disappointing.

Superman standalone does 291 in 2013.

3 years later, add fucking Batman and get Batman and Superman to share screen for the 1st time ever, add in iconic WW 1st time ever, Lex and Doomsday as villains, and you can't even add 40m more to MOS after 3 years of inflation.

Was it a success. Yes. Was it disappointing. Hell Yes.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

BVS was financially successful and a hit. But can't see how someone cannot accept that it was disappointing at the bo.

Find people saying it won't do 350 dom. Go to the Over/Under 375 club a look at posts 1 week before the OW. It didn't even do 335.

F7 opened with 147 and did 353 in a similar calendar. It's a sequel in a franchise not known for legs.

BVS did 166 and 330. It's not even in the top 10 CBMs, unadjsuted that too.

BVS in 2016 falling below GOTG's 2014 dom....Batman+Superman+WonderWoman+Lex....how is that not disappointing.

It did 1.99x and could not crack 2.0x. It's disappointing.

Superman standalone does 291 in 2013.

3 years later, add fucking Batman and get Batman and Superman to share screen for the 1st time ever, add in iconic WW 1st time ever, Lex and Doomsday as villains, and you can't even add 40m more to MOS after 3 years of inflation.

Was it a success. Yes. Was it disappointing. Hell Yes.

it's still a success, but succeed terribly, BvS had a real shot of $500m given it huge potential and WB great marketing strategy......