kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

On 8/11/2024 at 6:20 AM, ZattMurdock said:

I’m sorry, but just no. Political stances and particularly acting skills aside, Rachel is just gorgeous. I mean twenty years younger than me but a gorgeous young woman. And I bring age here because I strongly believe that that’s what has been always about, I think Snow White and her evil witch stepmother which happens to be an witch has always been about jealousy of the youth, not really about looks alone. I don’t mean to disparage Gadot’s looks when I could disparage well, everything else, but it’s not like from the Walt Disney’s take that Maleficent was ever uglier, what she was older than Snow White and envied not really only her looks but her youth and good heart, when Maleficent is an aging physically beautiful woman for her age but an awful person inside. It’s a fairytale about vanity yes but it kinda goes deeper than that. Ironically the most impression that the Snow White did on me as a kid wasn’t the animation - I kinda remember feeling that animation was old even for me back then - but the books. 

Lets face it, Ziegler's Maria is what made Speilburg's "West Side Story" so good.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BundleOfJoy said:

I really don't know how to phrase this but can the regular (or maybe the average white) person who has never heard of Rachel tell that Snow White isn't 'white' in this movie? Not that that would stop racist Youtubers from doing what they do, but I do think the overseas performance will not be as uninspired (compared to other live action remakes) as it was for TLM.

I think people outside USA won't really make a so big deal about Rachel Zegler not being "white", especially because she will likely be considered "white" on other countries.

From what I've seen, if Youtubers from other countries complaint about Rachel Zegler, it's due to her comments about the original Snow White.

Edited by Kon

Rachel Zelger is going to be making her professional stage debut with Kit Connor in Romeo and Juliet on Broadway so it'll be interesting to see how she does there given theatre is a different beast to film.

Edited by Jonwo

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Rachel Zelger is going to be making her professional stage debut with Kit Connor in Romeo and Juliet on Broadway so it'll be interesting to see how she does there given theatre is a different beast to film.

I mean she has been doing stage productions all her life. Just not at a big professional scale, but still.

Edited by Youngstar

3 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I will tell you this: general audiences don’t care nearly as much as the terminally online people do.

They care for a month, then they get bored and forget

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Considering that Gal Gadot is from Israel, I don't think is wise for Zegler to put comments like that.

Not that I care about that particular subject matter, but maybe it's best to avoid any further controversy for a movie that already has a lot of that.

Edited by Boxx93

9 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I am sure that "West Side Story" is pretty much a modern retelling of Romeo and Juliet has something t do with  Ziegler doing the role.

15 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The press tour with Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot is gonna be awkward, isn’t it? 

Well it wont hurt the film as they're not supposed to be friends anyway.  Gadot is probably old and mature enough to not make a big thing of it