kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

Disney is developing a new, live-action movie musical of “Snow White,” which will expand upon the story and music from the animated classic.

The studio is in negotiations with Erin Cressida Wilson (“The Girl on the Train”) to write the script. Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul (“La La Land”) are attached to pen new songs.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Morieris said:

Possibly the least surprising announcement from the Live Action Lot. I am ALL for it being a musical.

I suspect Disney will not be all for making a musical after Beauty & The Beast underwhelms next spring.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

lol damn i've never been more tricked than i was when i saw 500 days of summer and i thought marc webb was an exciting talent.

i hope this is like the original in the sense that 80% of it is devoted to cleaning that dwarf house and they rush the actual plot in the last 15 minutes. that's the good stuff.

• Like 5

all the changes this movie is probably gonna make:

- a new boring ballad for the huntsman to sing to "flesh out his character" written by either alan menken or the greatest showman guys

-all the dwarves get love interests of a group of seven girl dwarves

-random new chase scene added

-snow white needs to be more girl powery so she's like an environmental activist now or something

-everything else is the same and some how just these minor changes turns an 80 minute cartoon into a 125 minute live action movie.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

all the changes this movie is probably gonna make:

- a new boring ballad for the huntsman to sing to "flesh out his character" written by either alan menken or the greatest showman guys

Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, the duo behind “La La Land,” “The Greatest Showman,” and “Dear Evan Hansen,” will write new songs for the movie.

A Webb/P&P production sounds like a total nightmare that will probably make a lot of money and sexy legs.