kayumanggi

SNOW WHITE | 03.21.2025 | Disney

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If the strike really gets resolved by the end of the weekend (and yes, I understand that’s not a guarantee) then I’m gonna be dying to know what motivated Disney to delay this and Elio by an entire year. 

Occam's Razor - the simplest explanation. The movies likely need work to fix them into a form worth watching. Disney sacrificing an entire quarter of box office revenue just doesn't happen otherwise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

This coming after Mufasa now may make it look very slightly better in performance though. I don’t think people are truly prepared for how bad Mufasa is going to do barring shockingly good WOM. I am not ruling out a 90% decrease in WW gross. 

Also, TLM is one of Disney’s brightest spots at the box office this year tbh, so I wouldn’t say it has really damaged the live action brand. The 1/2 punch of Mufasa and this certainly could though. 

8 hours ago, Bob Train said:

I could see both coming in under $200m WW.

Y'all, as much as I hated the TLK remake and believe it will drop big, this is just really silly.

• Like 1

Some people are going to be shook that a white woman looks white.

Who knows at this point what they are doing with the dwarves, I think it’s both possible this is being reworked but also entirely possible the ‘dwarves’ in this picture are separate from the gang we also have seen in set pics.

14 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

They wouldn't have releases this pic if they were gonna pull a sonic lol. Like if they were gonna release a pic, they could've easily released one with both Zegler and Gadot instead 

Why if they pulled Sonic months ago? It finished the initial photography in the first half of 2022, plenty of time to change mind.

Edited by TomThomas

FUCK I figured it out. This is really just a remake of Beauty and the Beast.

Spoiler

The Dwarves are actually Gnomes which are actually people turned into Gnomes by the Witch. Snow White on her quest frees them probably by making the witch feel like a good person or some Disney trope.

The set pic is at the end of the film as Snow White heads off for a new adventure.

• Haha 2

In all seriousness it’s possible they know the cgi dwarves look awful and that’s the real reason for the 1 year delay and they put that pic out so the movie can generate a bunch of positive buzz the next time they show it with how much better it looks. Basically trying to manufacture the Sonic campaign trajectory. Idk, reaching here, but there’s gotta be a reason they would release that lol 

Instead of doing ALL THIS, I would just slap Out of the Woods (Taylor's Version) on a teaser featuring the sequence of Snow White running through the black forest and call it a day

Maybe get Swift to write an original song for the movie as well. If it worked at the BO for Where the Crawdads Sing, it can work for Snow White too

On 10/28/2023 at 12:17 AM, Sckathian said:

Some people are going to be shook that a white woman looks white.

Who knows at this point what they are doing with the dwarves, I think it’s both possible this is being reworked but also entirely possible the ‘dwarves’ in this picture are separate from the gang we also have seen in set pics.

I love Rachel Ziegler. but she is half Polish..that is where the Ziegler comes from.