kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Isn’t it usually rare for an MCU movie to have all these set photos and reports about cameos from the trades? 

Not unprecedented. THR was the first outlet to reveal Jamie Foxx was back for No Way Home, before anyone even had the thought of it being a multiverse reunion

3 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Not unprecedented. THR was the first outlet to reveal Jamie Foxx was back for No Way Home, before anyone even had the thought of it being a multiverse reunion

Going all the way back, the hunt for Spider-Man back in 2015 was highly publicized, same for the aspect of Civil War being almost an Avengers film than a simple Captain America solo endeavor. And well we just had Harrison Ford with torn up pants and for those that follow comics they know exactly where that is going.

4 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I'm assuming this is an attempt to start building up crazy hype early on. Lots of engagement on twitter 

So, will the new MCU X-men and Deadpool be a under the 20th century umbrella like Avatar? 

Nah, it will be under the Marvel Studio umbrella. Feige will see to that. 

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

I like Age of Ultron. It has aged very well. But I feel like fanboy wars are taking what they want from RDJ’s interview and it will do what you are doing here. And if you don’t think Tony Stark is coming back to Secret Wars and even maybe Kang Dynasty, I have a bridge to sell it to you. Secret Wars is going to be BONKERS. All caps.

Sorry, but for me bringing Stark back would rob Endgame of it;s point and meaning. I would accept him in flashbacks, no other way. My respect for Feige would go down if he did that.

On 7/8/2023 at 11:30 AM, emoviefan said:

My worry is the quality of the action. Shawn Levy aint exactly David Leitch in that department. Although on IMBD George Cottle is listed as Stunt Coordinator/2nd unit. He is Nolan's guy and he did the MCU Spiderman trilogy. 

Maybe Levy not being a great action director is why they hired Cottle. No secret that  the studio often hire a very strong 2nd unit crew if they think a director might not be the optimum choice for the action scenes.

And it is also no secret that when it comes to action scenes,  directors often get credit for the work down by the 2nd unit people.

Just now, dudalb said:

Maybe Levy not being a great action director is why they hired Cottle. No secret that  the studio often hire a very strong 2nd unit crew if they think a director might not be the optimum choice for the action scenes.

And it is also no secret that when it comes to action scenes,  directors often get credit for the work down by the 2nd unit people.

David Leitch was the 2nd unit director for Captain America: Civil War and he shined on Deadpool 2, ALSO worked on the best John Wick films so I don’t know what @emoviefan is on about. I’m sure that Shawn Levy will do more than good here, in fact I suspect he might be a black horse contender for Avengers: Secret Wars too.

24 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

I'm assuming this is an attempt to start building up crazy hype early on. Lots of engagement on twitter 

Well, it's mostly because they're shooting in the suits outside so inevitably there will be photos of them, so they decided they wanted to be the first ones to show the suit and not paparazzi 

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I hope you are wrong.

Endgame made CBM's grow up a little, Hate to bring back "Comic Book Deaths" where death has no real meaning.

Comics, specifically Jonathan Hickman’s Secret Wars comics and the very nature of the Infinity Saga could explain why bringing Tony Stark back for a literal one off moment - unlike Evans that could happen more times since he is left with a very happy but open ending - could work in that film. I won’t go in Jonathan Hickman’s Secret Wars territory here, but I imagine that Tony Stark, Pepper Potts and Morgan can work in this film like the First Family does in Hickman’s saga. It’s actually what I’d imagine to be the perfect ending for Stark and a possible soft reboot of the MCU. The seeds for something like that happening are all within MCU’s and comic book lore, tbh. It’d truly be an one off. He isn’t "coming back for good", neither it’s time travel or flashbacks. A bit more complex than that. 

And I firmly believe that Secret Wars will give us the return of the following Avengers characters:

Tony Stark

Natasha Romanoff

Vision

Steve Rogers

Tony won’t be back for good. He rides in the sunset, watching the sun rise on a grateful universe. But the possible return of Stark and Romanoff are linked. Scarlett’s Black Widow could potentially be back for good. Stark and his family get a happy ending, but it’s also bittersweet because then I believe that he is truly not coming back again and when we see Tony Stark again next two decades or so, it will be played by a different actor.

Edited by ZattMurdock

On 7/8/2023 at 7:23 AM, filmlover said:

I'm actually happy to see that Garner's return to Elektra is receiving positive feedback, which is probably less due to any nostalgia associated with Daredevil than seeing her return to the types of projects that made her a household name (see also: Alias). Between this and that Angelina Jolie/Halle Berry movie announced a few months ago, the leading lady action stars of the early aughts are out to prove they've still got it.

(I would also welcome a potential 13 Going on 30 legacy sequel that brought back Ruffalo :lol: Make it happen, Sony!)

I am also pleasantly surprised at the positive reception online where I kinda would have expected it to be toxic tbh, but also this is still a huge “wtf huh?” thing for me and makes me worried they are just trying to make a gimmicky multiverse movie here. If Disney screws up the positive momentum Deadpool has for them, I really have zero faith in them to get MCU back on track…

20 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

David Leitch was the 2nd unit director for Captain America: Civil War and he shined on Deadpool 2, ALSO worked on the best John Wick films so I don’t know what @emoviefan is on about. I’m sure that Shawn Levy will do more than good here, in fact I suspect he might be a black horse contender for Avengers: Secret Wars too.

Uh you need to read what I said again. I stated what a great action director Leitch is.    

6 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Uh you need to read what I said again. I stated what a great action director Leitch is.    

Oh, my apologies. He is brilliant, yes. Arguably an upgrade from DP1 and I love DP1. I love Free Guy and Real Steel. I feel like Deadpool 3 is in more capable hands than most are realizing right now. Levy - and George Cottle - got this. No Way Home’s action scenes are arguably the most gruesome we ever saw on any Spider-Man film ever, and it feels warranted and earned. I could see him going full blown Rated R. 

13 minutes ago, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

Even though I'm superhero fatigued and haven't gone to the movie theater in months I'll make an exception for this movie.

This user name is familiar…

derltdc-5a2077fa-0ad6-4c17-8275-43b1f36f

Edited by ZattMurdock

27 minutes ago, dudalb said:

That was kind of my point.  I added in about Cottle handling the action.  It is no secret Marvel hands off the action to the 2nd unit guys and they do almost all the action.