kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

5 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

It's definitely behaving like a 4 quadrant movie, what?? 

Four quadrant is a technical way of saying good for the whole family. An R-rated movie is not meant to be for the whole family.

5 hours ago, thajdikt said:

I don´t get the negativity around Levy, he´s work on ST is fucking incredible. He clearly has the chops if the script is good. That said: None of these reactions are moving me, it´s only 40 mins, hoping the full movie is great tho

Hes vanilla. Ill watch this because wolvie and deadpool together is something people have been asking for since 2016, but the trailers have been meh. Nothing looks as stylish as that freeway scene from the first movie on a fraction of the budget

On 7/5/2024 at 12:16 AM, SpiderByte said:

Yeah Quorums estimates are just ridiculous with 200 as the floor but it is achievable. Especially if reviews are strong, which it sounds like it will be.

200m isn't even that far off the originals adjusted gross plus Imax.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s earlier than a lot of other big studio movies this year. I guess they’re pretty confident. 

Not to mention, Infinity War and Endgame, both movies very spoiler heavy, had similar premiere and embargo schedules.

17 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

Hes vanilla. Ill watch this because wolvie and deadpool together is something people have been asking for since 2016, but the trailers have been meh. Nothing looks as stylish as that freeway scene from the first movie on a fraction of the budget

Levy is more stylish than other comedy directors turned wannabe action directors. At least this isn't being done by the director of Red Notice.

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

Levy is more stylish than other comedy directors turned wannabe action directors. At least this isn't being done by the director of Red Notice.

James Gunn says hello.

There hasn't actually been many comedy directors lately. The genre seems dead in the water since the likes of Todd Phillips moved onto other things (and Joker looks far more stylish than this). Levy is impressive to me in the sense he's got such a large filmography yet hasn't made a single great movie. This seems it will just be carried by star power only and the trailers haven't convinced me otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

James Gunn says hello.

There hasn't actually been many comedy directors lately. The genre seems dead in the water since the likes of Todd Phillips moved onto other things (and Joker looks far more stylish than this). Levy is impressive to me in the sense he's got such a large filmography yet hasn't made a single great movie. This seems it will just be carried by star power only and the trailers haven't convinced me otherwise.

I didn’t say *all* comedy directors turned wannabe action directors.

6 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

It's definitely behaving like a 4 quadrant movie, what?? 

R rating? Kids under 18?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, fmpro said:

R rating? Kids under 18?

I feel like a lot of people don’t understand what four quadrant really refers to. Like they think it refers to how much money a movie can make because they keep reading about how certain “four quadrant” movies had made over a billion dollars worldwide.

Edited by Jay Beezy

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

That’s earlier than a lot of other big studio movies this year. I guess they’re pretty confident. 

I’m watching the movie the exact moment that review embargo drops. It’s the first midnight screening in my country so makes sense that when it drops if they are starting to screen it the in those international markets 

I just hope this movie is fucking great so people can give Levy some credit. The movie looks great and disagree hard with the notion that it looks bland etc. Really think it looks great and much better than a lot of MCU post endgame. Let’s see in a few weeks whether I’m with or wrong but think people will like this. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, fmpro said:

R rating? Kids under 18?

Kids under 18 can't watch an R-rated film? that's news to me...

Deadpool 3 is going to be a 4 quadrant film because it's an MCU mega event film

Edited by TheFlatLannister
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Kids under 18 can't watch an R-rated film? that's news to me...

Deadpool 3 is going to be a 4 quadrant film because it's an MCU mega event film

Just because they can doesn’t mean they should. There’s a reason lots of parents don’t take their kids to see R-rated films. And that’s why R-rated films are not considered four quadrant. When parents take their kids to an R-rated movie, that’s the prerogative of the parents. It is not the prerogative of the R-rated movie to cater to parents and their kids.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1