kayumanggi

DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE | 07.26.2024 | Disney | latest trailer on page 76

1 minute ago, Eric Twister said:

You can't "prove" that a movie is bad lmao

Well true but idk why movies like Multiverse of Madness get shit on for having dumb plots but not Endgame even though its plot/characters are also stupid

Edited by HummingLemon496
  • Knock It Off 2

I guess this seems like one of those movies like No Way Home where I'm gonna be super excited for the opening night expereince and movie itself, have fun, and walk out never having a desire to see it again.

Just now, Welcbr12 said:

Starting to notice the pattern that older people tend to hate this movie a lot... 

Which is bad because gen Z are not consuming marvel products, the medium age / older generations are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Well true but idk why movies like Multiverse of Madness get shit on for having dumb plots but not Endgame even though its plot/characters are also stupid

MOM is great, Sam Raimi can save everything 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

I feel like this movie is gonna have to rely on more than just Fox cameos to bring out more people out post OW. I really hope the camoes don't underwhelm like in MoM at least. 

Edited by Skim Beeble
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

There's a 2 hpour video from Fringy proving that Endgame is bad, idk how that movie got such amazing reviews

Because people loved it and "proved" that it was great to themselves, which is what matters. 

As far as MOM (responding to your other comment), the movie just doesn't emotionally resonate on nearly the same level as Endgame and the character decisions are far dumber to me and many others.

Edited by Menor the Destroyer
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

There's a 2 hpour video from Fringy proving that Endgame is bad, idk how that movie got such amazing reviews

I'm not much of an endgame fan but you cannot "prove" a movie is bad no matter how much time you spend ranting about it

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Welcbr12 said:

Starting to notice the pattern that older people tend to hate this movie a lot... 

Just got a message from a friend who is 25 and just saw it and really didn't like it, so can't agree it's just a boomer thing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Crisis averted.  

Moviebob likes it. 

If he didn't we'd be in real trouble.

I cannot imagine this dude surviving a day in the real world. Kind of wanna be a fly on the wall of him having to navigate the complexities of even a basic 9-5 lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Menor the Destroyer said:

Because people loved it and "proved" that it was great to themselves, which is what matters. 

As far as MOM (responding to your other comment), the movie just doesn't emotionally resonate on nearly the same level as Endgame and the character decisions are far dumber to me and many others.

Well No Way Home is honestly also just as flawed as Multiverse of Madness but that got an A+ CinemaScore compared to DS2's mid B+. Like I don't get it. . .why are some movies so much better received by audiences despite being just as meh?

8 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Yeah I agree honestly, I fully see the plot issues but the movie is such a blast and it actually looks visually great

Definitely. I think Raimi did the ideal with such a paper thin writing … very tight editing (not even 2 hours), high energy through, great visual ideas and concepts and an actual effort in directing the thing with personality and style. Those quirky transitions are amazing i still can’t believe so many fans hated that.

Not even the weight of the machine erased Raimi or Gunn with Guardians 3, it’s far from auteurish but all their trademarks are there and made with passion. Really loved both and i think this is what’s missing from MCU, they’re priotizing more and more directors that are easily erased like Russos, Jon Watts or Shawn Levy. Sometimes it makes more well round movies, but always less interesting ones because it’s clearly from the producer.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

It's essentially R rated Gen Z movie, so it's not surprising.

Yeah I think it's that, Ryan humor tends to be more likeable to younger generations than the others 

• Like 1