Plain Old Tele

WTF Special Sale to Honor the WTF 2017 Oscars

u8SQOFer3kMFy.gif

So earlier this evening I made a foolhardy claim that if Emma Stone lost Best Actress or LA LA LAND lost Best Picture, I'd do a special account sale for the forums. And, well, the cinema gods awarded me with a particularly wild bit of insanity.

So... to honor this moment that will go down in Oscar infamy, we're offering 50% off all Premium and Gold accounts (both monthly and yearly) until Friday.

50%... that means a Gold account is $7.50 for a month, $82 for a year. A Premium account is now $5/month, $55 for a year.

Have at it, folks!

P.S. If you already have a monthly account paid for, I believe you still can upgrade future months at the new price. Check with @Water Bottle on that.

• Like 8

So, I've been buying Premium accounts constantly on this site for, I don't know, over half an year? It seems like a good time to buy a gold account since I keep running out of likes(I'm out of likes as we speak by the way, freaking annoying) but I've renewed my Premium like a week or two ago. If I buy a gold account now will I kinda lose the weeks I still have left of Premium?

@Water Bottle

@Telemachos

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

So, I've been buying Premium accounts constantly on this site for, I don't know, over half an year? It seems like a good time to buy a gold account since I keep running out of likes(I'm out of likes as we speak by the way, freaking annoying) but I've renewed my Premium like a week or two ago. If I buy a gold account now will I kinda lose the weeks I still have left of Premium?

@Water Bottle

@Telemachos

@Water Bottle is the true authority on how this works. But really, at the end of the day he or I can adjust things if somehow the system removes the weeks you have left.

6 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

@Water Bottle is the true authority on how this works. But really, at the end of the day he or I can adjust things if somehow the system removes the weeks you have left.

Hm alright, I'll wait until tomorrow to make a decision but I'm thinking of taking advantage of the sale and buying a few months of gold.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Hm alright, I'll wait until tomorrow to make a decision but I'm thinking of taking advantage of the sale and buying a few months of gold.

I mean, the long and the short of it is, this isn't a profit-making or money-making venture. At the end of the day, this is all to keep the site up and running. We will honor the intent and purpose of the sale, so if there's any confusion down the road, let us know. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, AABATTERY said:

How does the renew thing work if you buy during a sale? It says it'll ask me to renew for the same price in a month but will it end up charging me the full cost if I choose to renew it?

The renew price will be the full price unless we also have a sale at the time (the "renew" price should get updated when the sale ends....so you could renew now, I guess for the sale price). The sale price is only for one-month (or one-year). It's not automatic so if you don't want to pay it, you don't have to.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

@Water Bottle

@Telemachos

I don't know the process but I believe you can upgrade. Since I haven't been able to test how to do it yet, I don't know how, but it's enabled in the settings. Upgrading the account should mean you get the next two weeks at a cheaper price and then you can renew.

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

The renew price will be the full price unless we also have a sale at the time. The sale price is only for one-month (or one-year). It's not automatic so if you don't want to pay it, you don't have to.

Alright, cool. I'll have to consider buying a couple more months tomorrow.

8 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Is the number of likes you can dish out the only difference between gold and premium accounts?

Well... We also get to feel smug as hell!

On a serious note, I think that's pretty much it though I think there may be a couple of things more such as bigger inbox size and uploading images to gallery? But yeah, the reason I decided to upgrade to gold in this sale was simply because, as a premium account, I kept constantly running out of likes, it seriously happened every couple of days! It was specially infuriating in the Oscar thread. Fat chance of that now, hah!

I guess I just really like handing them out..

• Like 1

• Community Manager
14 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

Is the number of likes you can dish out the only difference between gold and premium accounts?

There's other differences but that seems to be the one that people actually care about.