FlashMaster659

Mar 3-5 Weekend - Official Estimates - Logan 85.3m, Get Out 26.1m, Shack 16.1m, LEGO Bat 16.5, BIF 4.9m

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

How old are you?

16. I turn 17 in less than 3 months.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Buy a ticket for something else

Depends where I go. If I see it at my AMC, I have to buy two tickets because of reserved seating. The showtimes at the other theater I go to don't really line up with anything else, so getting in there would be hard.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

If you really wanna pick up girls, tell them factoids about Monster Trucks.  Gotten laid twice this way :ph34r: 

Riveting conversation about Logan's weekend multiplier and Get Out's legs well do the trick

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

It's very simple: a) Comedies *always* under-perform outside the Anglosphere. Non-Anglophone people simply can't get the jokes (countless times I have caught myself laughing alone in the theater) b. Black-themed comedies that almost always rely on context/innuendo/slang are even more inaccessible to international audiences. c) Why would Europe or East Asia be keenly interested in Afro-American issues? Are black Americans highly intrigued about the subtleties of say Russian-Ukrainian relations/Greek-Turkish relations/China-Japan relations/Sunni-Shia relations/etc..etc..etc? 

Now, I see that you are "complaining" that international audiences are more accepting to white Hollywood stars relative to black Hollywood stars. That is probably correct. But when the black star is genuinely charismatic (Will Smith, Eddie Murphy, Denzel) and not just an affirmative action/diversity hire, the movies can easily become blockbusters

zbe.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Riveting conversation about Logan's weekend multiplier and Get Out's legs well do the trick

Just need to talk about how Rogue One wasn't an event and the girls will jump your bones.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I was checking out some old predictions I had on my phone that I made (but promised myself not to alter for pretty much reasons like this). I had Get Out at

OW - $7.4M

DOM - $18.1M

WW: 22M

LMAO

Probably everybody else's guesses.

I had it about $30M total hence the shock.

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Just need to talk about how Rogue One wasn't an event and the girls will jump your bones.

When I draw out my projections for Dunkirk's box office on a white board it makes the panties drop

• Like 3

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

When I draw out my projections for Dunkirk's box office on a white board it makes the panties drop

Talking about Kong flopping. It works for Gokira.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Good idea.  Let's all go to a playground so we can really drive home the fact that we're young.  gonna have to watch for CJohn tho.

Can we stop at a McDonalds and get Happy Meals or should we be edgy preteens and have Starbucks?

• Like 1