Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

4 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

The only question now is: Will Beauty and the Beast top Finding Dory?

That could be hard. I mean, Finding Dory had better & higher reception and it was beloved by the critics & audience who saw that film.

Well considering I am a member of the under 400m club..... 

• Like 1

Anyone who denies that Get Out was immediately dismissed by a certain portion of the US population, especially after it did so well, hasn't been paying attention. If you look at the comments section under a single status or article about it there are more than a few Trump voters calling it "racist" and another example of "whites being oppressed". Now, did they hurt the film at the box office? No. Ultra conservatives usually demonize any film even remotely resembling horror, and thus they wouldn't have gone to see it anyway.

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Lol I meant more to the fact that it's forgettable not that Pixar hasn't had PGs before 

How can anyone find Finding Dory that forgettable? Shame on you. ? It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

It's the highest grossing animated film DOM-wise, and you call it forgettable? Maybe you haven't seen the movie very often, lol.

The one way you can memorize the film more....is more rewatches.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

How can anyone find Finding Dory that forgettable? Shame on you. ? It's not a fact, it's an opinion.

It's the highest grossing animated film DOM-wise, and you call it forgettable? Maybe you haven't seen the movie very often, lol.

The one way you can memorize the film more....is more rewatches.

I have seen it at least 5 times now on Blu-ray since my daughter likes it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Anyone who denies that Get Out was immediately dismissed by a certain portion of the US population, especially after it did so well, hasn't been paying attention. If you look at the comments section under a single status or article about it there are more than a few Trump voters calling it "racist" and another example of "whites being oppressed". Now, did they hurt the film at the box office? No. Ultra conservatives usually demonize any film even remotely resembling horror, and thus they wouldn't have gone to see it anyway.

What do you expect from same people who claimed that racism is a myth?

18 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I think Sony themselves are looking at their own slate without The Dark Tower. That'd explain why there's not a single pie of marketing out there yet. Even Passengers didn't drop a trailer this late.

I don't think it's really that late, though. It's just mid-March. The movie opens in late July.

1 minute ago, marveldcfox said:

I am hearing terrible things about Dark Tower...getting two great stars in one movie...a tentpole one..has never lead to anything worth the wait...but this one had a foreign director directing his 1st hollywood movie....

Wait until May and Sony says Venom gets TBD, and The Dark Tower heads to 10/5/18

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Alice was more impressive given how bad it was. Avatar was a major help as well.

Ah, it was mixed at best. Critics just saw that film as "Eh" or "Meh". Not great, but not that terrible either. Just OK-ish. The sequel though, had a more poor reception.

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Ah, it was mixed at best. Critics just saw that film as "Eh" or "Meh". Not great, but not that terrible either. Just OK-ish. The sequel though, had a more poor reception.

$126m adjusted OW for a film that no one really likes that much. Too bad they didn't take their chips and leave the table & instead did a sequel.

• Like 1