Dementeleus

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST WEEKEND THREAD | Late Sunday Numbers (Asgard) - 48-49M | Official Weekend Estimate: 170M; OS OW: 180M; WW OW: 350M

1 minute ago, franfar said:

Counter bold prediction: Ninjago does under 100m-115m DOM

You love my misery don't you, but I could see under $100M just like I can see $150M domestic. Both have decent chances.

Edited by YourMother

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

You love my misery don't you, but I could see under $100M just like I can see $150M domestic.

It's not even misery, it's just that:

1) I feel like this forum is over predicting it

2) It won't have that much appeal. It'll appeal to a fraction of the LB crowd IMO, and nothing more.

12 minutes ago, setna said:

Can you explain me what is double features?

i think i don´t get it..

thanks.

A studio will play two of their films together as a double feature (2 films for one price) or at the drive in. The admission for that double feature gets added to both films gross. So if Rogue one is playing with Beauty and the Beast, the admission gets added to both films gross. Its cheating of course.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Kingsman could easily do $60m+ if Fox gets the marketing right. Ninjago isn't doing less than $100M. (Opening weekend, I mean.)

Fixed it.

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Bold prediction: Ninjago, Kingsman and Blade Runner all have $50M OWs.

BR is very likely, Kingsman is possible, Ninjago is 95% unlikely. Remember, no film in September has ever crossed 50M OW. Kingsman is big enough to do it, but I don't think Ninjago will have the marketing or appeal (or even, if you wanna get extreme, the Sandler) that made the HT movies big (those also had the promixity to Halloween as an aid).

Btw, @That One Guy, weren't you stanning for Life? Why aren't you (anymore)? Don't tell me you believe in that Venom prequel bullshit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

It's not even misery, it's just that:

1) I feel like this forum is over predicting it

2) It won't have that much appeal. It'll appeal to a fraction of the LB crowd IMO, and nothing more.

I think the majority here is thinking $90M-$130M domestic. I'm thinking $30M/$100M TBH.

Edited by YourMother

5 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

I feel like the Trump supporters are in all aspects against this movie due to it being "racist" against white people, hence them "acting" like Get Out BO run is mediocre at best

Youll never stop now will you? So you think there is some secret nefarious powerful group of people that are secretly trying to keep films aimed at black people, from succeeding? 

:winomg:

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

I don't think it will do well, but I feel like it won't be a huge flop as I hoped for it to be. You are not aware of the whitewashing drama? The movie is set in Japan, yet all the main characters are WHITE, nuff said. 

What's your prediction for its BO? 

Edited by BenedictL11

Since this film will be a guaranteed success, how do you think the Lion King remake will do on the box office? Lion King was top grossing Disney animated classic back then (before the rerelease).

Plus Jon Favreau is directing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Cassie516 said:

Since this film will be a guaranteed success, how do you think the Lion King remake will do on the box office? Lion King was top grossing Disney animated classic back then (before the rerelease).

$180M/$500M minimum domestic 

$250M/$700M maximum domestic

• Like 1

Just now, Cassie516 said:

200M OPENING WEEKEND, 600M+ DOM, 1.5B WORLDWIDE.

C'mon people. It doesn't matter if it's live action or not, IT'S THE FUCKING LION KING. You think people are jizzing about Beauty And The Beast, wait until this comes out. Especially if it's anywhere near as good as The Jungle Book was.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Youll never stop now will you? So you think there is some secret nefarious powerful group of people that are secretly trying to keep films aimed at black people, from succeeding? 

:winomg:

No, what I am saying is that certain people tend to act like they are unimpressed by BO stats of pro-black movies 

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

No, what I am saying is that certain people tend to act like they are unimpressed by BO stats of pro-black movies 

The fuck?  I don't think ONE person on here has said they're unimpressed with the run of Get Out.  Is your head shoved that far up your ass?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

I don't think it will do well, but I feel like it won't be a huge flop as I hoped for it to be. You are not aware of the whitewashing drama? The movie is set in Japan, yet all the main characters are WHITE, nuff said. 

You realize most of the cast is Asian and the Japan people are actually perfectly fine with Scarlet Jo. taking lead. The character is not even Japanese in the source material, matter of fact she has no nationality.