baumer

A Look at The Biggest Box Office Stories from 1972-present (THABOS: The History of Amazing Box Office Stories) | IT'S FINALLY COMPLETE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It tapped into the female demo quite successfully much like Grease a decade earlier. 

Not (I've Had) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warner :lol:

No, that was too upbeat...When you're 16 years old, everything is serious when it comes to love.....lol...so we had to play the one romantic slow ballad on the soundtrack. :)

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

I actually thought Lethal Weapon would be higher. But it looks like it was a movie that was even bigger on home video which got the sequel to explode

It's an origin film.  And yes you are right, the HV sales helped the sequel blow up.

Will try to get to 1988 later today.

We will cover films like:

Wopner sucks

Now I have a machine gun..ho ho ho

Three S's....Spielberg, success, special effects

Take out da papuhs and da twash

Thy royal penis is clean your highness

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

One omission to 1987 is the glorious bomb that was Superman IV 

It's not really an omission.  I only try to cover the biggest box office stories and then I include a few smaller films that appeal to me.  Superman IV is neither of those.

Part of what is interesting about doing this is that you get to see all kinds of surprising films finish on top.  Films like Dirty Dancing and Three Men and a Baby, these are films that would probably tank today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, baumer said:

Part of what is interesting about doing this is that you get to see all kinds of surprising films finish on top.  Films like Dirty Dancing and Three Men and a Baby, these are films that would probably tank today.

Good think they never did that third entry of the franchise, because you are almost certainly right:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tom-Selleck-Confirms-Three-Men-Baby-Sequel-18884.html

7 hours ago, John Rambo said:

Rocky 4 OS gross > Rambo2 OS gross ???? Ive heard people saying rambo 2 was a cultural phenomenon and stuff and yet  it grossed 150 (Im not saying it is less but i feel its less than what it ahd to do)

Rocky is his most known and highest grossing character...by far.  So the bigger gross doesn't surprise me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, baumer said:

Rocky is his most known and highest grossing character...by far.  So the bigger gross doesn't surprise me.

By any chance do you have OS figs (terrritories) for both rocky 4 or rambo 2? both were huge especially Rocky 4 was when series peaked! 

Sorry but I don't have any exact figures from foreign grosses for either Rocky or Rambo. The corn total is there but I don't have a country breakdown.

• Like 2

Ty Narnia 

I will certainly keep it going. I will get 2017 probably in a couple of months LOL. Each write-up is time consuming and I'm debating as to whether or not I should bring my laptop on vacation with me.

23 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Baumer keep it up this is an awesome thread

And thank you for reading and commenting. It's always good to know that people are enjoying your work.