aabattery

The Killing of a Sacred Deer | November 3, 2017 | A24, Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, some others, directed by the mad Greek who did The Lobster

It's a very weird and audience unfriendly movie - even more so than The Lobster. Not surprised it isn't setting the box office on fire.

Florida Project I think is doing fine - It's expanding far more slowly than other A24 releases, but it seems to be doing well.

• Like 1

People at Cannes & the bourgeoisie must be so bored to love this movie so much.

It is so lazy it never tries to justify anything.

Weird stuff happens for two hours.

The END.

SO FUCKING BRILLIANT.

The little I saw from The Lobster looked even more lame and weird for the sake of being weird, which seems to be this director s shtick.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Sad 1

This didn't really work for me. Saw people saying that the deliberately stilted acting and detached tone got them more involved in the story but for me it did the opposite. At a certain point it started feeling like the kind of movie that tries to be edgy and provocative via just having characters say and do random aberrant things, I don't think that was Lanthimos' intention but I just didn't get much more than that from it. Way too drawn-out and only occasionally funny, although the climax does manage to find humor in genuinely one of the bleakest scenarios imaginable.