kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 4.5 M BAYWATCH

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Only if the Rock pulls out.

Even if Ragnarok is a huge hit, it will not help Hemsworth much. It has pretty much  been established that Hemsworth can draw as Thor, but can't put fannies in seats in any other role. It's Orlando Bloom all over again.

Does Hensworth have anything big lined up besides Thor?

he's had a pretty substantial string of flops outside of Marvel but I'd still expect him to get a few more chances.

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Does Hensworth have anything big lined up besides Thor?

he's had a pretty substantial string of flops outside of Marvel but I'd still expect him to get a few more chances.

He's got this one:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23615-horse-soldiers-011918-warner-brothers-nicolai-fuglsig-directing-chris-hemsworth-michael-shannon-trevonte-rhodes-michael-pena-austin-stowell-and-rob-riggle-imax-release/#comment-2188088

Not sure if there's anything else. Theoretically they want him back for Star Trek 4, but who knows if that'll happen. :sadben:

Edited by aabattery

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

This.

I would not mind a eventually crossover,but trying to do another MCU is a big mistake for the Monsters franchise. I really dislike the shoehorning of Dr Jekyll/Mr Hyde into The Mummy, because that ,IMHO, really ruins the Jekyll/Hyde movie. The Robert Louis Stevenson story is basically a Horror story with a tragic ending, making Jekyll/Hyde a recurring charecters ruins that. Concentrate on  making good individual movies ,THEN you can think about a crossover movie.

I also think the whole Action movie with Horror elements is a mistake for the frachise. A  number of the Universal monsters just do not lend themselves well to the action format,but  would work great as pure horror. You can get away with it with "The Mummy" but no so much with The Wolfman or Dracula or even Frankenstein. They work better as pure horror.

The only Universal Monster I'd like to see is Creature from the Black Lagoon as it's the only one that hasn't had a film in decades.