Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

Warner isn't going to open two of their big movies back to back.

Really?  May of 2019, Scooby and Godzilla vs. Kong open right next to each other.

June 2016 also saw Me Before You, Conjuring 2, and Central Intelligence open back-to-back-to-back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

I turned off notifications for likes a long time ago. 

More time to look at 50 notifications about embedding problems, 50 complaining about trolls and another 50 asking wtf is in your avatar.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Really?  May of 2019, Scooby and Godzilla vs. Kong open right next to each other.

June 2016 also saw Me Before You, Conjuring 2, and Central Intelligence open back-to-back-to-back.

You really think Scooby is a big movie for them? Not in the same league as Lego Movie 2 and Wonder Woman 2.

Edit: Oh, and not a big cross over with demos. Scooby will attract families with kids under 10; Godzilla vs. Kong older.

Also, different genres and demos for all three of those (romance-drama, horror, comedy). One would think there's a fair amount of cross over between LM2 and WW2, esp if there's though WW performs well with families.

On Scooby, can't think it'll do well given they're still releasing like 2 dtv movies a year.

Edited by TheMovieman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Ocean's 8 and Meg.  Also an untitled DC film is still slated for the end of July.

I wouldn't call any of these two movies a tentpole and I don't think The Batman will be ready I don't know.

25 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Superman the Movie and Batman (89) showed us the door.

Blade cracked it open.

X-men widened it.

Spider-man kicked it wide open.

TDK and The Avengers drove a freight train through it.

24 minutes ago, That Covfefe Guy said:

Fant4stic spit on it.

QEI0qq4.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMovieman said:

You really think Scooby is a big movie for them? Not in the same league as Lego Movie 2 and Wonder Woman 2.

Also, different genres and demos for all three of those (romance-drama, horror, comedy). One would think there's a fair amount of cross over between LM2 and WW2, esp if there's though WW performs well with families.

On Scooby, can't think it'll do well given they're still releasing like 2 dtv movies a year.

"WW2" This was in reference to Gotham City Sirens' rumored release date, not Wonder Woman 2.  Isn't It Romantic and Bride of Frankenstein both have the potential to be female skewing movies, and there's also a Fox/Marvel movie in there.  Lego Movie 2 is going to have minimal crossover appeal with Gotham City Sirens.

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

I wouldn't call any of these two movies a tentpole and I don't think The Batman will be ready I don't know.

Well, he said a DC movie in that slot. Could be Suicide Squad 2 or Gotham City Sirens. The Batman won't be ready until 2019 at the earliest since Reeves can't start working on it until after Apes is released.

Just now, That Covfefe Guy said:

"WW2" This was in reference to Gotham City Sirens' rumored release date, not Wonder Woman 2.  Isn't It Romantic and Bride of Frankenstein both have the potential to be female skewing movies, and there's also a Fox/Marvel movie in there.  Lego Movie 2 is going to have minimal crossover appeal with Gotham City Sirens.

Ah, sorry. So many titles being tossed around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I'm willing to bet the entire DCEU is being currently reworked to emulate the critical success of WW.

• Like 1

Just now, TheMovieman said:

Well, he said a DC movie in that slot. Could be Suicide Squad 2 or Gotham City Sirens. The Batman won't be ready until 2019 at the earliest since Reeves can't start working on it until after Apes is released.

The Pissing Contest between Marvel & DC this year at Comic Con is gonna reach absurd levels...

24 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Baywatch is a disaster in India. Will open to less than half of Wonder Woman despite a much wider release, a huge marketing campaign and PC promoting it everywhere. WW had no marketing, an only English language release and about half the screens.

Do you know how much they were advertising Priyanka there? She's not in the movie much.

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm willing to bet the entire DCEU is being currently reworked to emulate the critical success of WW.

I think they're jusy waiting to see how good/bad is JL gonna be reviewed by critics and fans.

Aquaman is already at the filming stage, but that's the last DCEU movie that is being filmed. 

They can even focus on WW for JL's marketing. Something like: "If you loved Wonder Woman, don't forget she's in JL too". She'll definitely be focused. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix