Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

25 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

What makes you think Marvel should be marketing a film that doesn't come out til February now? They still have Spidey and Thor before that. Don't worry, Marvel is a well oiled machine and will probably have a teaser trailer in front of S:HC.(Avengers 3 will be with Thor3)

It's Awareness.

These films are not making 100o.w simply because they are good movies they are doing it mostly due to the awareness of them as well.

Edited by Brainiac5

4 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I'm aware of that but all I'm asking will it be enough time for it to acquire such hype as a 100o.w?

most of these films start the Marketing about a year away where's BP will be 7months.

Marketing is very important for O.W and it doesn't matter what comps you have in your favor for that month.

I'm pretty sure the film will be overshadowed by the I:W teaser or first look they will show so if anything people better be talking about the I:W  and T:R more than BP and if not we are a problem.

ehh Deadpool didn't really start with a marketing push until around October. First trailer was released in August. You don't need a full year for marketing. In fact most Marvel films aren't marketed a year out. 

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

You included Kingsman 2 so it still is alive. My CBM club is dead.

I keep forgetting about that movie,God I'm so caught up into the Superhero aspect I forget about the Spy and suspense aspects of the Genre.

Even for the overshadowing things, JL and SMH had trailers close to each other and neither overshadow the other, same for TLJ and TR both in the same week.

31 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

As you know I have the CBM over 2bil dom club but now I'm guessing I'm gonna fall a bit short due to GOTGV2 and WW coming in lower than I anticipated.

SM:HC 115-120/300dom 

T:R        95-100/250dom

JL.        150-170/440dom

I'm no longer looking for that 185 for JL after you made me realize that the film doesn't have to best BVS opening to reach 400dom as it will have the benefit of those first 10days.

Even at 140 the film could still be looking down the barrel of 330dom after its second weekend of it does how your prediction goes.

What about Valerian :ph34r: 

10 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

It's Awareness.

These films are not making 100o.w simply because they are good movies they are doing it mostly due to the awareness of them as well.

There are 40,000,000 Black Americans and a huge bulk of them will support this movie just because it's about a Black superhero, features a predominantly Black cast, and is being directed by a Black man. This alone assures that Black Panther will make at least $100,000,000 during its opening weekend. 

Edited by BluRayHiDef
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BluRayHiDef said:

Hasn't it always been Supes who's been front and center of the League? 

Nope!WW has been taking the rings for the last 30 years or so.

Most of the time when all other heroes are down in a fight she's most definitely will be one who is standing.

The only way she doesn't takes control most of the time is when the story is focused on another character other than than that WW has always made her voice and fist heard.

Notice JL:War???

the comics aren't no different for the Most part.

It makes sense as she is something more than a Amazonian in this story 

in fact she's.........Almost spoiled it.

Edited by Brainiac5
  • Like 2

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

BTW got a pretty great set of trailers at Pirates

The Last Jedi

Cars 3

Blade Runner 2049

War for the Planet Apes

And...

Megan Leavey

Pirates had my favorite trailer set of the year.  Aside from Last Knight, I was happy with all of the trailers:

Valerian's amazing new Gangsta's Paradise trailer

War for the Planet of the Apes

The Mummy

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Wonder Woman with Imagine Dragons

Thor: Ragnarok

Last Jedi

16 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Guardians V2 had its first trailer in November, a full 7 months away. Guardians 1 had its first trailer in February a full 6 months away. Deadpool had its first trailer in August also 6 months away. I think IW will get a teaser with TR at the earliest besides I fully expect Disney to attach a final trailer for Panther with TLJ.

Ok

14 minutes ago, Nova said:

ehh Deadpool didn't really start with a marketing push until around October. First trailer was released in August. You don't need a full year for marketing. In fact most Marvel films aren't marketed a year out. 

Yeah but Deadpool had a different aspect as far as Draw.

It was good Marketing and the fact that they made it such a love story for V-Day (Brilliant).

We don't even know how the concept of BP is gonna play to the GA as it has been proven CW was Fanboy driven so all of its positives actually can't be taking seriously.

I have heard nothing of BP outside of the CB community.

Im African-American and not one person I know who saw CW even said a word about BP or even curious as to a film coming out.

All the talks were mostly about Spider-Man.

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

What about Valerian :ph34r: 

I'll gonna include that as well.

Call it kind of a cheat but hey it is a

20 minutes ago, BluRayHiDef said:

There are 40,000,000 Black Americans and a huge bulk of them will support this movie just because it's about a Black superhero, features a predominantly Black cast, and is being directed by a Black man. This alone assures that Black Panther will make at least $100,000,000 during its opening weekend. 

I'm a black man and trust me we are not that close as far as community.

Sure they will be some groups going out in droves to see the film but to a guy like me February is just another month I got to pay my bills in.