Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

7 minutes ago, God Emperor Tele said:

Damn straight. :lol: 

(This is when I feel like I'm in a forum of small children.) :rofl: 

Well you are over 1,000,000.

• Like 1

I'm super excited for Infinity War because Thanos has been one of my favorite characters for a very long time and adding the GOTG to it will be cool too.  But that's me, I'm a comic book reader. I could see some folks in the GA being like WTF is going on right now???  

I would say $420M domestic for right now 

• Like 1

Don't see how JL can miss 1b. It need only 130m more and i think it can make that. I doubt it will be as critically berated as bvs and with the reception WW is getting it will help even further more.

sub 1b is not impossible but unlikely IMO

BVS with overused Batman and Superman and a very negative media coverage almost made 1 billion, imagine them along with now beloved Wonder Woman, joined by Aquaman and The Flash and with 90%+ on Rotten Tomatoes... The only way JL misses 1 billion is if it's a complete disaster.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

BvS was probably the peak and wasn't that well received. DCEU is not strong in China. 

JL doesn't even need a increase in China it just needs slight increases in all other markets including the U.S.

Just now, franfar said:

BvS had lots of potential but still couldn't make it. The same director of that movie is directing this one. I'm expecting a sizeable DOM drop from BvS.

Still I think Wonder Woman's positive reception might have helped JL domestically. Sure it won't do $450M+ overnight but some face was saved.