WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 130): Cars 53.7M | Wonder Woman 41.3M | All Eyez 26.4M | Mummy 14.5M | 47 Meters 11.2M | POTC 9M | Rough Night 8M

It would be simultaneously funny and pathetic if 47 Meters Down opens with more than Rough Night. Comedies are just stuck in a rut right now, I feel like The House is gonna endure a similar fate in two weeks despite Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It would be simultaneously funny and pathetic if 47 Meters Down opens with more than Rough Night. Comedies are just stuck in a rut right now, I feel like The House is gonna endure a similar fate in two weeks despite Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler

Everyone wants to give hell about RDJ in Homecoming but look how the other Avengers are doing when they're not in the MCU (ScarJo in GITS and Rough Night, Renner in The House) could you blame him for wanting to be involved as much as he could ?

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Like seriously, a fucking Will Ferrell comedy shouldn't have this little buzz two weeks out. He's making the late night rounds next week, so maybe buzz picks up then.

I legitimately haven't seen any footage for The House. No trailers at ANY movie I've seen the past few months, no TV spots on any show (and I've been watching a lot of network stuff since summer began thanks to family), and no ads in front of any YouTube video. Legitimately the only reason I know that film exists is this website, which is insane for me with a Poehler/Ferrell team-up movie. Like where the fuck is the marketing?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, picores said:

2007-2010 will always be Pixar's golden age. 

2007- Ratatouille

2008- Wall-E

2009- UP

2010- Toy Story 3

I think you'd have to include Finding Nemo & The Incredibles in that list as well. Plus not mentioning TS1/2 seems a bit sacrilegious. 

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I legitimately haven't seen any footage for The House. No trailers at ANY movie I've seen the past few months, no TV spots on any show (and I've been watching a lot of network stuff since summer began thanks to family), and no ads in front of any YouTube video. Legitimately the only reason I know that film exists is this website, which is insane for me with a Poehler/Ferrell team-up movie. Like where the fuck is the marketing?

I've seen more marketing for 47 Meters Down. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

I've gotten it at quite a bit of movies I've seen recently and have also seen some online advertising for it before YT videos.  WB is probably going to do a 2 week marketing blitz.

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

I've only gotten the trailer once at Baywatch. It's barely been in any trailer mixes as an option. This is a rare WB marketing misstep, and I don't think they care enough to pull a Kong.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

The Cars universe is demented and psychotic when examined logically. 

is it? Trump thinks it's a pleasant little universe.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Not to mention it's in nearly 900 fewer theaters.

7 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

I can't think of one that wouldn't have flopped no matter what. Donald Trump is to blame for alot of terrible terrible things, but a bunch of crap comedies underperforming ain't one of them.

Can Cars 4 be about the election? It can be about Mater voting for Donald Trunk after Lightning spending a lot of time campaigning for Hillcary Clinton, and how their friendship survives the election of the former despite clear ideological differences

• Like 6

Just now, Rman823 said:

Everyone wants to give hell about RDJ in Homecoming but look how the other Avengers are doing when they're not in the MCU (ScarJo in GITS and Rough Night, Renner in The House) could you blame him for wanting to be involved as much as he could ?

Jeremy Renner is barely in The House, though. He's not gonna get any flack at all if it tanks, whereas Scarlett was front and center of both Ghost in the Shell and Rough Night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Can Cars 4 be about the election? It can be about Mater voting for Donald Trunk after Lightning spending a lot of time campaigning for Hillcary Clinton, and how their friendship survives the election of the former despite clear ideological differences

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

:lol: 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, baumer said:

Pixar Masterpieces:

----------

Pixar Films that mostly brainwash all of you into thinking they are brilliant:

Most of the rest

And #FTSBF

I thought you gave Inside Out a 9/10 

2 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Image result for what the fuck are you talking about gif

• Like 1

I feel like we have this conversation every 3 weeks, but it's well worth repeating: star power alone does not drive a film. It can be a very important factor in building buzz, but relying solely on a big name does not bring people in anymore; the product needs to be appealing. The reason why Leo is a draw is because he chooses his projects carefully. An interesting concept+a well liked star=$$$$$

• Like 1