cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

On 4/16/2019 at 12:54 AM, Spaghetti said:

I'm just going to be fully honest with you all:

Hide contents

I can't guarantee that Spark 4 will be considerably shorter than The Scavenger Wars.

Out of curiosity, how close is it?

Spoiler

Cause I want to know what bar I should set so I can go under it for once.

15 minutes ago, cookie said:

Out of curiosity, how close is it?

Hide contents

Cause I want to know what bar I should set so I can go under it for once.

Spoiler

If I continue at the rate I'm currently going it'll be a bit longer than TSW2.

• Like 1

Question: can one use a director for two projects in the span of one month. Like say idk, a film that opened around Christmas in Y5 and a somewhat smaller budget ($70Mish) mid January Y6?

• Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Question: can one use a director for two projects in the span of one month. Like say idk, a film that opened around Christmas in Y5 and a somewhat smaller budget ($70Mish) mid January Y6?

I always figured that at the year end the director slot basically resets so I wouldn't really care.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I mean I'd say that's silly but I guess there's technically no rule against it?

Super dumb though.

• Like 1

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Can always say the december one had been waiting on a shelf for a while 

True and the director is a good fit for the project as I want to save the franchise that got mixed reviews and after what she did with TUSG, she may be a good fit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

True and the director is a good fit for the project as I want to save the franchise that got mixed reviews and after what she did with TUSG, she may be a good fit.

I think miraculous lady bug is definetly one of the top three films you've written and better than TUSG if that's what we're talking about

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Iunno tbh if it's two superhero films from the same director a month apart that makes it even MORE ridiculous IIRC

• Thanks 1

Just now, Xillix said:

Iunno tbh if it's two superhero films from the same director a month apart that makes it even MORE ridiculous IIRC

Yeah, that why I having her produce.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I think miraculous lady bug is definetly one of the top three films you've written and better than TUSG if that's what we're talking about

Yes it is, and I really want to improve on the sequel but I’ll promise you this: you get more Dove Cameron (not sure if you were the DC stan) and teenage drama.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Directors reset each calendar year so yes technically they can.

• Like 1

On Nefcy:

i dont think theres an issue with a filmmaker doing two films in a year. Heck, Spielberg has done two in a week before! However, I’d say these are requirements:

1. they are of different mediums (life action and animated)

2. The irl director has experience with that speedy turnout

In this case, I’d say a no go on nefcy simply because Squirrel girl was her directorial debut period. No way would she be able to turn around a second film so quickly, honestly she should be off limits for all of year 6

• Like 2

1) We have always allowed a director to do 2 films a year so long as the films are spaced out and they are either 2 medium budget films or 1 large and 1 small.

2) The calendar year has always reset director usage, all the way back to the og at BOM.

I don't support suddenly changing this up now after 5 years into 3.0

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

1) We have always allowed a director to do 2 films a year so long as the films are spaced out and at they are either 2 medium budget films or 1 large and 1 small.

2) The calendar year has always reset director usage, all the way back to the og at BOM.

I don't support suddenly changing this up now after 5 years into 3.0

Especially barring people from using a director for another year since it can throw a lot of previously established scheduling into question.

• Like 1

To be clear, I wrote that in line at Walmart and as such it was half-distracted. I would throw out my restrictions as well, especially after I benefited from them in Year 4 with Julie Taymor. THAT SAID, I stick by my thing about Nefcy's debut which I think should be acknowledged as a thing

• Like 1