cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

So for real I'm super excited about the One Missed Call reboot and it's likely to be both my main horror tentpole next year (maybe a late October release for spook-o-ween) and the first thing I write to completion for Y5. Got some (IMO) very good ideas for it last night literally while I was lying in bed trying to sleep.

Takashi Miike's original Chakushin Ari, despite being a totally unapologetic Ringu ripoff, is actually probably one of my favorite movies period. Scared the ever-loving shit out of me and has some surprising thematic depth to it. I went to see the American remake opening weekend and was Not Pleased. The ending especially is totally different and completely annihilates the subtext (and changes the meaning/significance of an entire major subplot in the process). So it'll be a different story but I want to salvage as much of that as possible.

• Like 2

Just now, Spagheditary said:

@cookie

Because writing SPARK III this weekend might have literally destroyed me, STARLIT HIGHWAY is going to be a nice and short 3k word flick. Those can still win awards, right?

they better or else all of y'all are gonna get kicked in the balls

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

So status update on the not-Voltron stuff that was supposed to come out in Y4:

• Violet Evergarden and Animal Crossing are on the docket as potential Y5 releases, but the eight I announced earlier are taking precedence.
  • TaleSpin can still happen in Y5 as like I said earlier I kinda want to use it to set up an element in A Crackle in Time, but we’ll have to wait and see.
  • Gargoyles is on indefinite hold mainly because a lack of interest as of right now.
  • The Untitled De Wit project has been canned entirely (sorry @YourMother the Edgelord). I may return to it years down the line, but not anytime soon.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

That feeling when you find a music track that would be perfect for the final scene of a future film you have in mind, and then remember that another existing work has already used it perfectly and it'd just be a copycat. :kitschjob:

I demand details.

• Like 1