cookie

CAYOM 3.0 - Behind the Camera

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

What would you guys like to see for filler: A bigfoot horror-comedy or a documentary about the person i hate the most: Alex Jones?

The bigfoot horror comedy sounds fun!

But you should also write the documentary...

Why-Not-Both.jpg

Edited by Slambros

4 hours ago, Rorschach said:

As it stands right now, the word count for Bambi: A Life in the Woods is 13,722.

:sparta:

To be honest, this is the most hyped I’ve been for a live action readaptation.

It’s hard to choose who’s Slate I am more hyped for between you and @cookie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be honest, this is the most hyped I’ve been for a live action readaptation.

I've been hyped to make this for along time now and I'm quite excited to see everyone's reactions to it.

I didn't even know the original film was based on a book until I discovered a really good book review on YouTube. I was kinda shocked at how both the book and the movie are so vastly different from each other yet both are still great in their own respects. Basically, Disney did their usual thing of cutting out a lot of the bleaker aspects of the book in order to make something that was appealing to children. The film's themes of friendship and love are not present at all in the book, which, without going into too many details, is a far more realistic depiction of animal life. 

Now I'm not knocking on Disney's version at all; their version is a masterpiece in its own right for what it tries to do. It's not just my personal favorite animated film of all time, its one of my favorite films period. When I was a toddler, I probably watched the VHS tape that my grandparents owned more than any of the other films they had in their collection. Its a film that always brings out a swell of emotions for me every time I watch it that I can't say I've experienced in a lot of other films. In my eyes, both the book and the film are masterpieces in their own rights and both stand on their own quite well in my eyes. Reading the book didn't tarnish my love of the film at all. Actually, it strengthened my love for it. 

If Disney ever decides to remake Bambi (let's be real, they're eventually going to do it), I would seriously hope they'd pull from more elements of the book or, better yet, just let the original animated film be its own thing and go for a straight adaptation of the book. Realistically, I don't think they would ever do that but in my mind, I think its a hell of a lot better than just recycling what we've already seen before minus the freshness and emotional impact. It's wishful thinking but hey, you never know; Disney's financially well-off as it is I think they can afford to take some risks every now and again. Only time will tell I suppose.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Paradise Island is one of those films I want to do justice to and don’t think I can with this short a time frame. Will likely postpone it to Y6.

(It's the one with Tessa Thompson, right? I forget.)

32 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Wait that means I’ll have Shuri and Allura and Alex Spark against each other for Best actress...hmm...

Make Team Voltron go 4/6 and Cookie's Corner will not slam an Hourglass film for one year.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Wait that means I’ll have Shuri and Allura and Alex Spark against each other for Best actress...hmm...

On the bright side, we could be nominating more African-American women in Lead Actress than the real-life academy could even dream of. I'm actually planning to cast Gugu Mbatha-Raw in the leading role of a Y6 project, myself.