CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

IT'S SUMMER. Also Baby Driver (which is also R) is likely to go over 100 mil because it's summer.

What does Baby Driver have to do with a Atomic Blonde? And why are you bringing up the R rating?

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Not true. The Moore and Dalton movIes were not huge with Licence to Kill flat or bombing 

Moore's movies prior to the 1980s were plenty big. License to Kill was 1989 and the very tail end of 007 prior to Goldeneye.

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

What does Baby Driver have to do with a Atomic Blonde? And why are you bringing up the R rating?

It's a comparable R-rated movie with some audience crossover? Or are we not allowed to extrapolate between R-rated action movies now?

4 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I saw Minions, Alvin 4, both Planes movies, Pets, and Ice Age 5, the new Smurfs because of babysitting my younger cousins. I even sat through Norm of The North because my little cousins wanted to see it. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand movies are expensive and we can't take our kids to do everything. I'm not wealthy by any means but I try and do what I can for my kids.

My point in all of this is this, if WW was as inspiring and empowering as people are saying, especially to a little girl, and that little girl wanted to see JL, i would assume 99% of parents who could afford it would want to take that kid. 

Just now, DAR said:

Another villian that could be used in a future Spidey film is the Kingpin

IDK about that. Marvel Studios and Marvel Television have some bad blood going on right now.

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

JL will do max 825 million. It's coming off the very bad BvS film which had terrible wom. I could see it being one of the lowest grossing movies this year. 

Get ready to to be very disappointed because that number isn't even its floor...

6 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

JL will do max 825 million. It's coming off the very bad BvS film which had terrible wom. I could see it being one of the lowest grossing movies this year. 

When you say lowest grossing, under 50 million?

Just now, YourMother said:

IDK about that. Marvel Studios and Marvel Television have some bad blood going on right now.

No they don't. They're both owned by Disney and Marvel TV is still "canon". Daredevil references the events of Avengers 1 as the reason Kingpin's empire exists!

Just now, cax16 said:

Don't get me wrong, I understand movies are expensive and we can't take our kids to do everything. I'm not wealthy by any means but I try and do what I can for my kids.

My point in all of this is this, if WW was as inspiring and empowering as people are saying, especially to a little girl, and that little girl wanted to see JL, i would assume 99% of parents who could afford it would want to take that kid. 

I agree, I get paid pretty decently for babysitting ($8.25 an hour/$25-$65 (for family only) for the movies). I think the older audience will be the ones who are relatively meh but the majority will go. Same for Panther if it breaks out with IW, my younger cousins and plenty of other African American children will be hyped but the older audience may be hesitant.

Just now, drdungbeetle said:

It's a comparable R-rated movie with some audience crossover? Or are we not allowed to extrapolate between R-rated action movies now?

I just don't understand what the R rating has to do with anything because I wasn't saying that I was doubtful about Atomic Blondes box office because of its rating. I was comparing it to another R-rated movie in the first place. I mean we're living in a year where Get Out made 175 million dollars. Listen I was wrong on baby driver, happily, so I know I'm not the last Authority on things and anything can happen but 100 million is tough for a basic action movie like Atomic blonde to get. Even John Wick 2 with good word-of-mouth and a very popular predecessor couldn't get there. And we still don't know what all the reviews are going to say about Atomic Blonde because there's only 17 up right now.

3 minutes ago, raegr said:

Get ready to to be very disappointed because that number (825) isn't even its floor...

I agree that 825 is too low to be the ceiling.

But it's definitely worthy of being the floor. In the worst case, you can't see it doing only 825? Something like 350 dom + 475 OS .... as the low-end?

Edited by a2knet