CJohn

Weekend Thread 7/7-7/9 | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SMH 117M, DM3 34M, BD 12.5M, WW 10.1M, TF5 6.3M, Biggus Dickus 3.65

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

What were the abnormal circumstances it was facing?

It was panned, butchered by the studio, hated by audiences and faced terrible press and aftermath following its release. Under better circumstances, we would have been looking at 1.1 Billion dollars.

For JL we need to understand that BvS was a worst case-scenario issue and we need to start looking at the realistic numbers. I think we will end up in Good but this has potential for great!

Worst - 875

Bad - 950 Million

Good - 1.1 Billion

Great - 1.3 Billion

10 minutes ago, drdungbeetle said:

If Baby Driver goes over 100 mil and Atomic Blonde has a remotely decent RT, these "Atomic Blonde can't do 100 mil!" posts are gonna look amazingly stupid.

Where do I say that it "can't" do 100mil? I said it's going to be very difficult for it to do 100 million. I said that I'm not predicting 100mil. And Baby Driver isn't even guaranteed to do 100 million by the way.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

28 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree, this Wonder Woman's good reception is not going to help at all bull crap that has rarely been used when talking about Marvel movies. So good DC movies don't help the DC Universe at all but good Marvel movies do help the Marvel Universe. It's pure nonsense. Of course the majority of people who liked Wonder Woman and even people who find it later on will give Justice League a chance just because she's in it and because her movie was actually good. WB finally released a good movie DCEU movie.

And some people act like every single person who saw Wonder Woman only likes it because it's historic and that and none of them go out to theaters ever. That's a part of the audience not the whole audience as far as the last line is concerned. I'm telling you it's a way to downplay Wonder Woman's box office.

And all of this is coming from someone who is a huge critic of the DCEU. I'm very leery of the Justice League movie because I'm not sure the director can correct the most of his massive flaws.  And no I'm not predicting a billion for Justice League. As a matter of fact I'm only predicting 350 million for it domestically and maybe 500+mil internationally, because I'm assuming the reviews are going to be mediocre at best, because of Wonder Woman. 

WTF :wintf:

20 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

JL will do max 825 million. It's coming off the very bad BvS film which had terrible wom. I could see it being one of the lowest grossing movies this year. 

you are freakin pathetic first you go around saying people are Marvel haters for hating the new suit. When its you that is the REAL hater here. BvS did not even have terrible WoM if it had terrible WoM then the imdb score would be on a 4 stars and its popcorn would be bad tooon RT. You are absolutely pathetic. People LOVED the UE of BvS and JL is not BvS. Its gonna be fun and its gonna be a movie you would want to watch more times because of its team up fun theme it will have of seeing these icomic characters fight a big DC villain.

Atomic Blonde is one of my most anticipated films this summer but I really don't know how it will perform. I'm waiting for tickets to go on sale before throwing out any #'s.

I think reviews will stay basically the same. 70% range but with not too high of an overall rating. Based on what critics have said so far, I'm not expecting it's score to shoot up to 90% or anything.

3 minutes ago, MattW said:

The floor for JL in my opinion is more like low 700s.

I swear to god some of you don't know how Box Office Works, I fucking swear...

This can be Fan4stic bad with a Zack Snyder Josh Trank situation where he comes out publicly against the movie. One of the stars can be involved in a scandal and Thor Ragnarok can be a the next Citizen Kane, 850 will still be the floor (:

1 minute ago, raegr said:

It was panned, butchered by the studio, hated by audiences and faced terrible press and aftermath following its release. Under better circumstances, we would have been looking at 1.1 Billion dollars.

For JL we need to understand that BvS was a worst case-scenario issue and we need to start looking at the realistic numbers. I think we will end up in Good but this has potential for great!

Worst - 875

Bad - 950 Million

Good - 1.1 Billion

Great - 1.3 Billion

We say BvS is the worst case scenario but you never know... people didn't think the Fantastic Four movies could get any worse and then Fox released the last one.

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

People LOVED the UE

Yet again, you guys live in a bubble 90% of the GA didn't see the Ultimate Edition. They aren't as invested as we are. They remember WW more, not BvS. BvS was over a year old, WW is will be a few months old once they see it. Which one will they remember more?

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

WTF :wintf:

you are freakin pathetic first you go around saying people are Marvel haters for hating the new suit. When its you that is the REAL hater here. BvS did not even have terrible WoM if it had terrible WoM then the imdb score would be on a 4 stars and its popcorn would be bad tooon RT. You are absolutely pathetic. People LOVED the UE of BvS and JL is not BvS. Its gonna be fun and its gonna be a movie you would want to watch more times because of its team up fun theme it will have of seeing these icomic characters fight a big DC villain.

He is clearly a hater but BvS was not well liked.

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

We say BvS is the worst case scenario but you never know... people didn't think the Fantastic Four movies could get any worse and then Fox released the last one.

And how on Earth can JL get much worse?

It has a lighter tone, more straightforward plot, a happier superman, more action set pieces...

1 minute ago, raegr said:

And how on Earth can JL get much worse?

It has a lighter tone, more straightforward plot, a happier superman, more action set pieces...

Calm down I'm not predicting it to be worse. That was more so an off hand comment.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

4 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

He is clearly a hater but BvS was not well liked.

He is a moron actually. Its so damn weird yesterday he was complaining about people being haters for not liking the new spidey suit. Yet here he is showing he is the biggest hater of them all.

Also BvS did not have terrible WoM either. Maybe mixed. And he is also forgetting peole LOVE JL trailer when its playing in the theaters. They can see its not dark and gritty like BvS was.

Edited by mredman

1 minute ago, mredman said:

it did not have terrible WoM either. Maybe mixed. And he is also forgetting peole LOVE JL trailer when its playing in the theaters. They can see its not dark and gritty like BvS was.

ok it was funny at first but can we seriously stop now 

• Like 1

Moderation

Guys, while this is on topic for the weekend thread seeing how there are Marvel and DC movies in release, having the same arguments for pages and pages helps no one and changes no ones mind. 

Can we maybe move on from the circular arguments we have been having since Friday?

thanks. 

• Like 3

Just now, grim22 said:

Moderation

Guys, while this is on topic for the weekend thread seeing how there are Marvel and DC movies in release, having the same arguments for pages and pages helps no one and changes no ones mind. 

Can we maybe move on from the circular arguments we have been having since Friday?

thanks. 

Its the fanboys and haters tbh