WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

Fast and Furious went back to it's normal level, it did not nose dive. It only made 350mil because of Walker's death, it was never going to maintain that level. Without Walker's death Fast & Furious 7 would have made nowhere near 350 million dollars.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Spiderman rankings

Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Man Homecoming

I'm pretty close to where you are as well.

Sp2

Spidey

ASM2

SMH

Spidey 3

ASM

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

People will see it because it's the Avengers. The thought that people actually care about Thanks or the infinity stones or whatever is funny

Okay, that I sort of agree with. I thought you meant people didn't care about an Avengers movie at all. Yes, the actual storyline will only matter to the die-hards.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You sure about that?

I've read plenty of critics consider it the best Spider-man movies and I've seen a poll where fanboys consider SMH the best Spider-man movie.

So yeah, top 2 at worst.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I loved Homecoming a lot more than most on here but I agree with Ethan on this one. I think the general consensus of the GA is better than ASM1 and 2, but not as good as Raimi's first two and it's good but not must see.

Based on what?

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I've read plenty of critics consider it the best Spider-man movies and I've seen a poll where fanboys consider SMH the best Spider-man movie.

So yeah, top 2 at worst.

Oh come on that's initial knee jerk stuff. You can't take that seriously

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oh come on that's initial knee jerk stuff. You can't take that seriously

Yet it's stronger evidence than "based on nothing most people clearly prefer SM1 over SMH".

Edited by grey ghost

13 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

SM2

SMH

SM1

Nothing else exists...

Well, SMH was really average for the most part imo.  But I don't want this thread to be all about SMH.

• Like 1

SM1 and SMH have nearly an identical Rotten Tomato average score (7.6) from critics and  SMH's audience rating is way, way higher.

I know RT is useless, polls are useless, blah blah blah.

But where's your evidence that SM1 ranks clearly above SMH???

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So yeah, top 2 at worst.

That will fade in time.

And the numbers so far, after the first day, have indicated that the general population isn't thrilled with it.  62% drop is a massive drop, and there is no spinning it.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yet it's stronger evidence than "based on nothing most people clearly prefer SM1 over SMH".

I mean sure I can't back it up. Neither can you.

We can safely say SM2 is the consensus favorite and we'll say SM1 and Homecoming are the consensus 2/3 in any order.

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

SM1 and SMH have nearly an identical Rotten Tomato average score (7.6) from critics and  SMH's audience rating is way, way higher.

I know RT is useless, polls are useless, blah blah blah.

But where's your evidence that SM1 ranks clearly above SMH???

Thank God critics think it's good.  

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

We can safely say SM2 is the consensus favorite and we'll say SM1 and Homecoming are the consensus 2/3 in any order.

SM1 is clearly more liked than SMH.  One fell 37% in its second weekend while setting the opening weekend record.  The other fell 62%, the largest second weekend drop of any MCU film.  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

That will fade in time.

And the numbers so far, after the first day, have indicated that the general population isn't thrilled with it.  62% drop is a massive drop, and there is no spinning it.

So you're saying SMH will eventually have the low RT audience rating SM1 has?

And frontloadedness can only be blamed on a lack of quality?

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I have more to back it up than you.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So you're saying SMH will eventually have the low RT audience rating SM1 has?

And frontloadedness can only be blamed on a lack of quality?

What are you talking about?  Why do critics play a part in this?  And audience rating over 15 years is always going to go down.  But I'm just giving you cold hard facts.  This is without passion or prejudice.  Spider-man set the opening weekend record and then went on the fall an unheard of tiny amount of 37% in it's second weekend.  It then went on to have the best multiplier of any comic book films since 2000 until GOTG and now WW eclipsed it.  

SMH plummeted in its second weekend after opening up to about the same amount and will more than likely have a multiplier of less than 2.5.

How can you argue against this?  These are facts.  There's no opinion in any of this.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

SM1 is clearly more liked than SMH.  One fell 37% in its second weekend while setting the opening weekend record.  The other fell 62%, the largest second weekend drop of any MCU film.  

One was the first SM movie and the other was the 6th.