WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 150): Apes 56.3M | SMH 44.2M | DM3 19.4M | Baby 8.7M | Big Dick 7.5M | WW 6.8M | Wish Upon 5.5M | Tomatoes losing their power

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

One was the first SM movie and the other was the 6th.

I'm not going to spend the night trying to convince you.  You will see what you want to see.  But facts are facts.  If you aren't willing to concede this then you are free to refute them while sitting on your unicorn while drinking milk and eating cookies with Santa Clause waiting for the Tooth Fairy to bring you a dollar for your missing tooth.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

What are you talking about?  Why do critics play a part in this?  I'm just giving you cold hard facts.  This is without passion or prejudice.  Spider-man set the opening weekend record and then went on the fall an unheard of tiny amount of 37% in it's second weekend.  It then went on to have the best multiplier of any comic book films since 2000 until GOTG and now WW eclipsed it.  

SMH plummeted in its second weekend after opening up to about the same amount and will more than likely have a multiplier of less than 2.5.

How can you argue against this?  These are facts.  There's no opinion in any of this.

Novelty plays a huge factor in legs.

And if legs equal quality than Avatar is one of the best movies of all time.

Better than TDK and SM2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I go to leave to make memes in a group chat and the thread turns into a war zone due to a CBM... Shocking.

You're right.  This is partially my fault too.  I apologize.

• Like 1

Just now, grey ghost said:

Novelty plays a huge factor in legs.

And if legs equal quality than Avatar is one of the best movies of all time.

Better than TDK and SM2.

Better liked, sure.  I don't doubt it.  How else do you explain that many people seeing it?

Just now, John Marston said:

I don't see how SHC is better than Sm1

what exactly does it do better?

Forget it...just let it go.  GG loves it and that's fine.  He's just reluctant to see other people's point of view.

38 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I think we've learned it's not easy for a franchise to return to it's former glory after 3 reboots and 6 movies under such a short amount of time.

What franchise, that's beyond the fourth movie this year, hasn't serious taken a serious hit.

Pirates of Caribbean nosedived.

Transformers nosedived.

Fast and Furious nosedived.

Despicable Me nosedived.

Alien Covenant nosedived.

Even series below 4 movies took a hit:

The Mummy nosedived.

Planet of the Apes nosedived.

Cars nosedived.

SMH will not only match ASM2, it will increase by 50%.

I feel like people are taken SMH's success for granted because they were spoiled by GotG2 and WW's success.

It may be frontload but I'd it's not a disappointment or critical failure by any stretch of the imagination. Also it's a miracle it's getting around 300 m when you consider how much franchise fatigue has killed several franchises this year and Spider-man should have the worst franchise fatigue of them all (third reboot in 15 years).

Pirates didn't nosedive. You have to include exchange rates. It did in U.S.

Spider Man Homecoming is definitely a good movie, but offers nothing new other than another movie with Spidey.

The only difference is that it gets a boost from Iron man and it's part of the MCU. This is not enough to get people excited. It also got a school setting, which perhaps might affect the old fans who like the character. Peter is just a teenager, he's not even a man yet. Stark calls him Spider Boy in Civil War. He's right. 

Logan, Wonder Woman and GOTG offered new stuff. Spidey didn't. The 62% drop is bad, period. I really hope people won't get angry if Dunkirk overperforms and Spidey drops 55%. There will be a lot of competition and the opening was frontloaded. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The people defending this huge Spider-Man drop better not have anything to say about the next comic book movie that drops 60+℅.

I dunno, I already said SMH doesn't have the mass appeal of something like Avatar.

My argument is that doesn't make it an average effort from Sony/Disney.

Frontloaded movies can be above average.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, baumer said:

Forget it...just let it go.  GG loves it and that's fine.  He's just reluctant to see other people's point of view.

I didn't even realize after actuals the 62.2% drop is identical to TASM2.

Must have missed that one.

13 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

The people defending this huge Spider-Man drop better not have anything to say about the next comic book movie that drops 60+℅.

But will people call War of the Planet of the Apes "average" just because it's more frontloaded than Rise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Hey, among fans of SM comics, I don't think GG is a minority at all. A buddy of mine who's a huge Spidey fan absolutely adored SMH. He said finally they nailed who the character was. 

I'm not disputing that.  There's a ton of people who love the film.  I don't think anyone is denying that.  I'm just simply pointing out facts.  And facts are facts.  Nothing more.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

But will people call War of the Planet of the Apes "average" just because it's more frontloaded than Rise.

But you're kind of being a hypocrite here a bit.  You're claiming that after ten days SMH is the most loved Spider-man film of all time.  Then you point to an audience score from one movie that is 15 years old while pointing to another that is ten days old.  I don't think you have the right amount of data to go on here.....but we do have a second weekend drop that set a record for MCU films.  ;)

3 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

I didn't even realize after actuals the 62.2% drop is identical to TASM2.

Must have missed that one.

So according to some people SMH is the same quality as TASM2 because of the identical 2nd weekend drop.

We need to completely ignore critical and audience reception on RT though. That tells us nothing. 

/sarcasm

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Spider Man Homecoming is definitely a good movie, but offers nothing new other than another movie with Spidey.

The only difference is that it gets a boost from Iron man and it's part of the MCU. This is not enough to get people excited. It also got a school setting, which perhaps might affect the old fans who like the character. Peter is just a teenager, he's not even a man yet. Stark calls him Spider Boy in Civil War. He's right. 

Logan, Wonder Woman and GOTG offered new stuff. Spidey didn't. The 62% drop is bad, period. I really hope people won't get angry if Dunkirk overperforms and Spidey drops 55%. There will be a lot of competition and the opening was frontloaded. 

At this point we can almost be certain of a +50drop.

Huge fri-sat drop,

62.2%second weekend drop.

The drop may not seem bad to some but the reality here is Apes wasn't actual  competition   And SM:HC didn't have a extremely big opening.

• Like 1