Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

20 minutes ago, cookie said:

When I tried to do this film back in Y3/4 my pick was Saoirse Ronan, but I'm looking for different picks.

Well, Saorsie Ronan would still be a great pick. I could see Florence Pugh, Emma Stone... You've got options.

Just now, Xillix said:

That sneaky slide of Voltron 3 out of my year...

Which in hindsight he may regret since that is an extra bunch of time for hype to fade.

It's dropping regardless, but I think summer year 6 would be better than Year 7.

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Which in hindsight he may regret since that is an extra bunch of time for hype to fade.

It's dropping regardless, but I think summer year 6 would be better than Year 7.

Exactly my thoughts honestly. I may not be in charge of actuals Y7 but in all likelihood my predict would be lower than it would have been in Y6.

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Actually I think the five year wait may help rather than hurt.

That sometimes happens once a series has been run into the ground, but for only the third movie in a series, and one that's directly continuing a larger story as opposed to just being a pointless retread, it seems... unlikely.

I think Summer Y6 would have a more hospitable climate than Q1 Y7. He can stick it around 4th of July or in the Nolan Release Weekend and high-profile films would give it a wide berth, and he gets summer weekdays.

And him going into Q1 Y7 might have other repurcussions in terms of things moving I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I think Summer Y6 would have a more hospitable climate than Q1 Y7. He can stick it around 4th of July or in the Nolan Release Weekend and high-profile films would give it a wide berth, and he gets summer weekdays.

And him going into Q1 Y7 might have other repurcussions in terms of things moving I guess.

True as I imagine with Blue and Gold 2 and Mass Effect 2 in May and Pigeon 2, Thunderbirds and Scrooge 0.5 in June. July is wide open.

Though the five year wait may suit it cinematically as I think V3 is five years later.

Also just as a reminder:

Me doing Y6 actuals does NOT mean the actuals will match my predictions from other years, including this one. I'm not gonna be going off and ignoring the prediction thread like some kind of asshole. It'll be a weighted average of some sort of my own predicts and the thread's. So it'll be CLOSER to my kind of predictions but I'm not singlehandedly crashing the film industry or anything.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Xillix said:

Also just as a reminder:

Me doing Y6 actuals does NOT mean the actuals will match my predictions from other years, including this one. I'm not gonna be going off and ignoring the prediction thread like some kind of asshole. It'll be a weighted average of some sort of my own predicts and the thread's. So it'll be CLOSER to my kind of predictions but I'm not singlehandedly crashing the film industry or anything.

I’m cool with that, we need a bit of realism now and then.

Just please don’t slaughter TinTin 2

A shortlist has emerged for directors of The Epsilon Syndicate’s untitled Y7 sequel. Goddard is seeking a female director for the project.

Coralie Fargeat

Susanna Fogel

Jennifer Kent

Karyn Kusama

Michelle MacLaren

Reed Morano

Claire Scanlon

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xillix said:

Though tbh a part of me has a rebel spirit where I feel like someone should just date something big right next to it anyway and see what happens. Like I almost did with SH2 :P

Guess that rebel spirit wasn't all that when it came to going up against a Spark movie, eh? ;)

Edited by cookie
  • Haha 1

But fine, I will move it to Y6, specifically 4th of July.

Full transparency though: this has been far too painful of a project for me to finish so I’m not really keen for a ridiculous drop like losing half the audience or worse from the second film for no reason, but I don’t think that’s what @Xillix has in mind either. My target range remains in the low to mid 400s.

I mean if it gets bad reviews it's on me, but hopefully that won't happen.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

@cayommagazine 

New racers zoom in for Don’t Let The Pigeon Drive 2.

Ludi Lin stars as racer Min Xiong (aka Speed Demon), the fastest and cockiest racer in all of China competing for a grand prize and fame

Meagan Good stars as racer Tracey Goodman (aka Tropical Thunder), a smooth and sassy racer from Barbados competing for victory.

Harry Styles stars as Victor Westington (aka Quick Brit), the sauve and charismatic racer from Britain competing.

Daniel Bruhl stars as Quentin Santos (aka The Bull), a tough and comically full of himself racer from Spain.

Pigeon 2 roosts into theaters June Y6.

• Like 1