Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

TITLE REVEAL AND FIRST DETAILS FOR 'BYTEREALM,' GOLD CRESCENT'S Y5 SCI-FI TENTPOLE

After the surprise announcement that TriCrescent Media had pulled out of a rights-sharing deal with Horizon Entertainment for the Mega Man franchise - and the cancellation of Gold Crescent Pictures' previously-announced Mega Man: Battle Network film - the first details are emerging about the previously-untitled sci-fi film from director Alex Proyas (I, Robot) that took its place on the schedule.

Entitled ByteRealm, the movie will be set in the near future, in which a standardized audiovisual representation of "cyberspace" - known as the ByteRealm, in case the title didn't clue you in - has revolutionized many aspects of the tech industry, and high-end users can utilize advanced virtual reality equipment to "enter" the ByteRealm as their own digital avatars. The story will focus on a young VR hacker who, in a major mishap, finds his avatar equipped with a suite of ultra-advanced prototype programs that transform it into something of a digital superhero... or villain. He is pursued in both worlds by the company that created the program as well as rival hackers seeking to take it for themselves.

Currently scheduled for release on February 26th, ByteRealm will feature Oscar nominees Dacre Montgomery, Hailee Steinfeld and Chris Pine alongside Constance Wu and Ludi Lin. Specific roles have yet to be announced.

Edited by Xillix
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

19 minutes ago, Xillix said:

TITLE REVEAL AND FIRST DETAILS FOR 'BYTEREALM,' GOLD CRESCENT'S Y5 SCI-FI TENTPOLE

After the surprise announcement that TriCrescent Media had pulled out of a rights-sharing deal with Horizon Entertainment for the Mega Man franchise - and the cancellation of Gold Crescent Pictures' previously-announced Mega Man: Battle Network film - the first details are emerging about the previously-untitled sci-fi film from director Alex Proyas (I, Robot) that took its place on the schedule.

Entitled ByteRealm, the movie will be set in the near future, in which a standardized audiovisual representation of "cyberspace" - known as the ByteRealm, in case the title didn't clue you in - has revolutionized many aspects of the tech industry, and high-end users can utilize advanced virtual reality equipment to "enter" the ByteRealm as their own digital avatars. The story will focus on a young VR hacker who, in a major mishap, finds his avatar equipped with a suite of ultra-advanced prototype programs that transform it into something of a digital superhero... or villain. He is pursued in both worlds by the company that created the program as well as rival hackers seeking to take it for themselves.

Currently scheduled for release on February 26th, ByteRealm will feature Oscar nominees Dacre Montgomery Hailee Steinfeld and Emmy nominee Chris Pine alongside Constance Wu and Ludi Lin. Specific roles have yet to be announced.

Hey Pine is an Oscar nominee too :whosad:

1 hour ago, Xillix said:

Currently scheduled for release on February 26th, ByteRealm will feature Oscar nominees Dacre Montgomery, Hailee Steinfeld and Chris Pine alongside Constance Wu and Ludi Lin. Specific roles have yet to be announced.

This sounds alot like the battle network games. 

1 hour ago, Reddroast said:

This sounds alot like the battle network games. 

Eh, other than the idea of a cyberspace world where characters can do hacking and stuff via battle, it doesn't really have anything in common. And Battle Network was nowhere near the first franchise to touch on that idea. The plot and characters and even the way people interact with cyberspace are completely different.

Edited by Xillix

32 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Eh, other than the idea of a cyberspace world where characters can do hacking and stuff via battle, it doesn't really have anything in common. And Battle Network was nowhere near the first franchise to touch on that idea. The plot and characters and even the way people interact with cyberspace are completely different.

Oh ok

9 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

All the Y5/Y6 scheduling and early looks are nice.

But, sometimes, you just get a lot more satisfaction from dropping a potential nuke as the schedule clears out.

I've spent all my 2.0 cache so I don't really have anything I can drop on a whim.

5 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

What do you mean?

I mean that as Part 1 goes forward and it looks unlikely that certain films will make certain dates, I may drop a surprise film in that region to try and clear the field.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, cookie said:

I've spent all my 2.0 cache so I don't really have anything I can drop on a whim.

Anything I'd drop would be reworked, which is why it'd only happen if we're into say February and it looks like some films won't make it in time.

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

I mean that as Part 1 goes forward and it looks unlikely that certain films will make certain dates, I may drop a surprise film in that region to try and clear the field.

Starcraft?

Call of Duty 2?