CAYOM Magazine

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I may put Blue and Gold II there... :ph34r:

I went with them to the future.

It's not going to go the way you think.

Also don't sabotage your co-exclusive pre-read. :whosad:

Edited by 4815162342

Major Shakeup For Thanksgiving Y5!

Blankments Productions' reboot of The Santa Clause has been shelved. The following statement was released about it.

"We at Blankments Productions were very excited to bring you a new rendition of The Santa Clause, even releasing a trailer in a major marketing event last Christmas. However, despite filming being complete, production has been shelved due to Kevin Hart's recent behavior in the media. Homophobic jokes are never funny and although these happened many years ago, Hart's recent 'apologies' have been unsatisfactory to say the least, making it more about himself and his career than those he harmed with those jokes. We henceforth cut ties with Kevin Hart until he can get his act together and, as such, will shelve the film indefinitely. We apologize to Jake Kasdan, Nicholas Stoller, the rest of the cast of the film, and the audiences excited for this Christmas adventure, but until Kevin Hart can prove himself to be a role model for children, we do not feel comfortable releasing this film."

However, this leaves a question... what will become of the Thanksgiving release date? After all, that's a highly coveted date and The Santa Clause laid claim to it before any other family film could. Well, Blankments Productions and Hourglass Pictures have announced a new rendition of another holiday classic....

OLIVE THE OTHER REINDEER

Olive the Other Reindeer, based on the classic book and Christmas special, will release on November 24, Y5. A live-action/CG-animated hybrid, it will aim for a storybook tone in the vein of the Paddington movies. Taika Waititi will direct, chosen for his work on Hunt for the Wilderpeople and his other early films. A wonderful assortment of both live-action and voice actors have been assembled for this film!

Zendaya as the voice of Olive, a dog who believes she is destined to drive Santa's sleigh

Michael B. Jordan as Tim, Olive's owner who is concerned his dog dreams a little too big

Taika Waititi as the voice of Martini, a con-artist penguin who makes fast friends with Olive.

John Mulaney as the voice of Fido, Olive's trusty pet flea.

Jake Gyllenhaal as the Postman, a truly postal worker who hates Christmas with all his might

Danny Glover as Richard Stans, a bus driver who helps Olive on her journey

Tessa Thompson as the voice of Schnitzel, Blitzen's flightless sister who spends her days at the Top of the World bar.

Michael Pena as Round John Virgin, owner of the Top of the World Bar.

Kelly Marie Tran as the voice of Comet, the leader of Santa's reindeer

Sam Neill as Santa Claus, the jolly man himself.

There are plenty of other fun members of the cast playing new roles too, but they, like most great Christmas presents, will be a surprise until the film is unwrapped on Christmas. However, for now, be aware that original Olive voice actor, Drew Barrymore, will have a major live-action supporting role in the film playing a completely new character.

The songs from the original special will be included, along with new songs written by Bret McKenzie, collaborator of Taika Waititi from Flight of the Conchords! This Thanksgiving, you will believe a dog can fly!

• Like 4

I wasn’t aware of the Kevin Hart scandal until now and doing so more research I’m appalled on how he acted. 

Olive the Other Reindeer sounds damn adorable and I’m intrigued to say the least.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

@CookiePictures

We have our Hero of Hyrule. #SecretoftheGuardians

Hide contents

?width=630&version=3925617zeldanewheader.jpg

Cookie Pictures welcomes Stranger Things' Joe Keery as the voice of Link!

Kozar.

Telemachos.

Link.

Man, the teen guys in Stranger Things have been finding a nice living in CAYOM.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

Hide contents

Kozar.

Telemachos.

Link.

Man, the teen guys in Stranger Things have been finding a nice living in CAYOM.

Spoiler

I was aiming for Telemachus but then I saw an interview with him and Keery together and thought "you know what, Steve'd be the better choice".

Spoiler

Not that I don't have plans for Telemachus in another Nintendo property I just acquired :ph34r:

• Thanks 1