Hiccup23

CAYOM Magazine

26 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Hide contents

If

@YourMother the Edgelord keeps the trend of the next year’s previews at the Academy Awards, your first look will be there.

12 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

If that happens I have something planned out

Obviously previews will be submitted (will likely write a scene for Mario or the first few minutes of Blue and Gold 2 myself or maybe a song from The Music In Me) and y’all can start making and sending your ballets now.

16 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Obviously previews will be submitted (will likely write a scene for Mario or the first few minutes of Blue and Gold 2 myself or maybe a song from The Music In Me) and y’all can start making and sending your ballets now.

What no ballots until after actuals!! It’s tradition!!!

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

What no ballots until after actuals!! It’s tradition!!!

I thought you could send nomination ballots whenever but I think you are right about after actuals.

@cayommagazine

250px-Beasts_of_burden_cover.jpg

Infinite Studios and Laika team up for Beasts of Burden.

That’s right folks, Infinite and Laika are teaming up for a new film. Originally, Beasts of Burden was set up as a computer animated family film and the next adaptation of the unadapted at Endless Animation, but as soon as Irving took a closer look at the comics, he knew the studio couldn’t do justice to it as a PG rated family film or even make it film like Coraline, but couldn’t find the right idea, until it dawned that they could do a PG-13 rated film after a strong pitch by Shawn Acker (9) and Laika, who still is very close with Endless Animation wanted to venture into traditional animation in the past.

The film will be based off of the comics which follows our canine buddies in Burden Hill as they defend humanity from supernatural and unimaginable horrors. The film will be budgeted around $50M-$70M but it could go up as time passes on and is targeted a Y6/7 release date as well as aiming for a PG-13/R rating.

Edit: 10:47 EST: Shane Acker (9) is confirmed to write and direct with Guillermo Del Toro executive producing.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I thought you could send nomination ballots whenever but I think you are right about after actuals.

I didn’t allow Oscar ballots to be sent until everyone who’s making a top 25 had finished them.

Edited by cookie

45 minutes ago, Slambros said:

A few changes have been made to the cast and crew of The Ancient Magus Bride.

Cary Fukunaga will be the director.

Alicia Vikander will play Angelica Varley.

I think Fukunaga is a good fit considering his work on maniac

@Slambros just note that Fukunaga is already being used for a Y6 film in the fall so if you intend to release Magus in Y6 it would need to be in the spring.

Directors can do two moderate sized films a year, so long as they're spaced out several months apart.

Same with Susanne Bier since she was previously noted to be doing a Y6 film in the holiday season.

However I think Bier may be off the table for you since Deborah is classified as a biblical epic and the film she was already noted for is sizable as well.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

@Slambros just note that Fukunaga is already being used for a Y6 film in the fall so if you intend to release Magus in Y6 it would need to be in the spring.

Directors can do two moderate sized films a year, so long as they're spaced out several months apart.

Same with Susanne Bier since she was previously noted to be doing a Y6 film in the holiday season.

However I think Bier may be off the table for you since Deborah is classified as a biblical epic and the film she was already noted for is sizable as well.

Thank you Numbers. 

The director of The Feminist will now be Andrea Arnold.

The director of The Ancient Magus' Bride will now be Karyn Kusama.

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

Actually...

I apologize for constantly changing my mind on the director of Ancient Magus' Bride, but if nobody is planning on using him, I want Destin Daniel Cretton (Short Term 12, The Glass Castle, Marvel's Shang-Chi).

• Like 2