iceroll

The Hunger Games Midnights Over 20 Million Club! Slight Failure: 19.75 ERC

This will do over $12M. I'm guessing closer to $20M. Sure the first Twilight opened with $7M, but who even expected that at the time? Midnights didn't used to be a huge deal. But with Twilight and the last few Harry Potters, suddenly it became the trend with die hard fans. Seeing as how most Hunger Game fans are also fans of Twilight and/or Harry Potter, why would it surprise anyone that they would continue the midnight trend? Lionsgate is following Summit's marketing plan for Twilight to a tee. They've already released info on camping out for the premiere. With how much Lionsgate is riding on the success of this series (and they are not even hiding their desperation, they are being very blunt) don't be surprised to see midnight tickets being pushed, mall tours (like they did with the Twilight actors) and camp outs at the Nokia Theatre the week before the premiere.

Out...way out. You don't get 12 mill at midnight just because of book fans. You get it from developing a fanbase from the films as well.I'll say 10 mill, but not 12.

Out...way out. You don't get 12 mill at midnight just because of book fans. You get it from developing a fanbase from the films as well.I'll say 10 mill, but not 12.

don't wanna nitpick but you're not way out if you're saying 10 mil opposed to 12 ;)

Out...way out. You don't get 12 mill at midnight just because of book fans. You get it from developing a fanbase from the films as well.

Yes! People want to say $20M midnight and $100M OW, but you don't get there on the first film! (Harry Potter was a different beast) Edited by RichWS
  • Like 1

No idea but hundreds of showtimes have already sold out so... a lot. ;)

This may be the fanboy effect only. I want to wait at least one more week to see how much it continues to sell. Twilights and Potters dominated the tickets sales for weeks before their release. Edited by CJohn