Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend topic: BOM || Happy Death Day: $26.5M || Blade Runner: $15.1M || The Foreigner: $12.8M || IT: $6M || Annabelle: Creation at $300m WW

Beat me to it, but hey, you seem pretty dedicated to this movie so you pretty much deserve to start this thread ;) 

Anyways, that's a pretty great number, considering a lot of the movie's business is going to be centred around today. Thinking 12M OD can happen with 22-25M weekend.

Edited by DAJK
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

That’s actually great. Ouija I did $919k before grossing $20m in the weekend, considering the amount of huge walkup business that it will have today, plus, better WOM, I would say it has a shot at $25m.

isn't 1m low considering at midnight it's fri the 13th? i am kinda bummed but am missing something here.

If it follows Split:

7.3M (7.3x previews)

8.2M (+12.9%)

4.4M (-46.2%)

19.9M Weekend

Get Out:

6M (6x previews)

7M (+17%)

5.4M (-22.2%)

18.4M Weekend

Where I think it lands:

7.5M

6.7M (-10%)

3.7M (-45%)

17.9M Weekend

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Previews started at 7 last night.

i know. my point was that midnight shows would be big as movies like this are fun at night and it technically becomes fri 13th at midnight.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, a2knet said:

i know. my point was that midnight shows would be big as movies like this are fun at night and it technically becames fri 13th at midnight.

With early shows moving up from midnight to as early as 6 in recent years, most theaters don't have showtimes on Thursday night past 10:30 anymore.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Not a very interesting weekend to me due to the obvious bad numbers incoming from BR49 but I hope the weekend goes well numbers-wise overall. This year kinda needs it.

I think you should give a chance to HDD, I know you’re not into Horror movies, but this movie sounds like a lot of fun, and it’s not even scary at all. ;)