Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A= My gf

E= our friend

So A was over at my house last night after they left. That went cool. She came over again tonight. As far as I knew that was going cool until I hear my door bell ring. At this point I'm just confused.  Then it rings several more times. So I'm trying to get my clothes on as fast as I can but you know that took me a little bit. So I come up and it's my neighbor and he's asking me about her car. Which is in front of my house but it was close-ish to house so he was concerned. Of course my initial reaction is to say I have no idea what the car is. 

And than he called my mom because he knew they were away. And they'd been texting me a bunch but I didn't know because I was preoccupied and such. So I called her and and tried to use the same story I used with him. But then she asked me to take a picture of the car and the licence plate so at that point I had to come clean. 

And then she said she wanted to talk to A's parents. A and I decided to push our luck again and give my mom E's number and have her fake being Alex's mom. Well my mom did not fall for that and they apparently were able to look the number up and prove it wasn't her mom

So A's parents are asleep. But obviously she has to come clean to them tomorrow and then have them talk to my parents

It’s never the crime, it’s always the cover-up. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A= My gf

E= our friend

So A was over at my house last night after they left. That went cool. She came over again tonight. As far as I knew that was going cool until I hear my door bell ring. At this point I'm just confused.  Then it rings several more times. So I'm trying to get my clothes on as fast as I can but you know that took me a little bit. So I come up and it's my neighbor and he's asking me about her car. Which is in front of my house but it was close-ish to house so he was concerned. Of course my initial reaction is to say I have no idea what the car is. 

And than he called my mom because he knew they were away. And they'd been texting me a bunch but I didn't know because I was preoccupied and such. So I called her and and tried to use the same story I used with him. But then she asked me to take a picture of the car and the licence plate so at that point I had to come clean. 

And then she said she wanted to talk to A's parents. A and I decided to push our luck again and give my mom E's number and have her fake being Alex's mom. Well my mom did not fall for that and they apparently were able to look the number up and prove it wasn't her mom

So A's parents are asleep. But obviously she has to come clean to them tomorrow and then have them talk to my parents

What is the issue here?

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Parent'sare not big fans of kids having people (especially Siginficant others ) over when they aren't around

They are also not fans of their kids lying to them

lol that's wack. Not even my parents are that bad

I have a couple questions.

1) Why didn't you tell your neighbour that it was your girlfriend's car?

2) Failing that, why didn't you just tell them it was a friend's car, or family's car or something?

3) If your girlfriend is old enough to have a car, why are you not old enough to tell someone you have a girlfriend?

4) Why is your neighbour even concerned that a car is parked on a road and why is he trying to be the Parent Police?

5) Why would your parents dislike you having a girlfriend?

6) How old are you now mate? All this stuff is pretty childish, no offence. If she is your girlfriend you should be proud of her not trying to hide her away, especially not to your fam

I do empathise slightly though. My ex gf had a similar thing where she would have to tell her parents she was with various friends, each time she was with me. She wanted to avoid her parents knowing about me at all costs. She got into some pretty strange cover up stories especially given her mum called her like every 2 hours.

But, I think that was fair enough as I am a grown man and my girlfriend was 16. Think her mum and dad would have probably tried to kill me or get me arrested or something. I'm not sure you are as justified as she was.

Edited by November Treejax
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Meet the Fockers is a bad movie. It's not really a boring watch, but the humor is vulgar for the sake of being shocking and doesn't work at all.

yep. the first one was better though still not great but kind of acceptable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, November Treejax said:

I have a couple questions.

1) Why didn't you tell your neighbour that it was your girlfriend's car?

Because he would tell my parents

2) Failing that, why didn't you just tell them it was a friend's car, or family's car or something?

Because I'm not allowed to have people over in general when my parents aren't home

3) If your girlfriend is old enough to have a car, why are you not old enough to tell someone you have a girlfriend?

No. Everyone knows I have a girlfriend. I'm just not supposed to have her over when my parents aren't around 

4) Why is your neighbour even concerned that a car is parked on a road?

That's a good fucking question.  Fuck him

5) Why would your parents dislike you having a girlfriend?

They don't. didn't? They might now

6) How old are you now mate? All this stuff is pretty childish, no offence. If she is your girlfriend you should be proud of her not trying to hide her away, especially not to your fam

18. I am v proud she is great. But I was most definitely breaking my parents rules.

• Haha 1