Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

The mental image of you being mad as hell in your seat next to some kids while half the theatre is empty or something is pretty funny though, so kudos for that.

About 70% give or take 5 percentiles actually.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

22 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Yeah no. There were open seats available, and without reserved seats, I would be allowed to move to a better spot and not deal with an annoying little girl babble throughout the film, jump up and down in her seat whenever exciting stuff happens, and make an obnoxious “ooohhh” sound whenever someone says a swear word. But with reserved seats, I have to deal with a nuisance who shouldn’t even be at a movie theater on a Sunday night, who is basically nothing more than the poster child of why abstinence and condoms are cool.

So yeah, please explain to me on how my awful experience would be the same if I was allowed to get out of my seat and not deal with annoying children doing annoying shit right next to me. I’d like to see you try.

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

if there's empty seats just fucking move dude nobody cares. 

For real. I do this shit all the time if people don't shut up.

I don't know if reserved seating exists around here and I'm fine with that. Yeah it can be a pain if I get there late, because I have to sit in the middle of the row, but at the same time what if I choose a seat and then get stuck next to Brian who hasn't bathed in 3 days and has an aroma of Cheetos? Nah man, I like scoping.

Edited by Jandrew

Just now, aabattery said:

You move!

Is it not reserved seating? What if it's opening weekend and there's no where to move? I like having my free will. Even picking seats for sporting events is a pain. Just give me a general section then let me sit wherever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Is it not reserved seating? What if it's opening weekend and there's no where to move? I like having my free will. Even picking seats for sporting events is a pain. Just give me a general section then let me sit wherever.

Is there not still a risk of some smelly-ass person sitting next to you even if seating isn't reserved?

I dunno, reserved seating has been a thing here since forever ago and it's never bothered me.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I don't know if reserved seating exists around here and I'm fine with that. Yeah it can be a pain if I get there late, because I have to sit in the middle of the row, but at the same time what if I choose a seat and then get stuck next to Brian who hasn't bathed in 3 days and has an aroma of Cheetos? Nah man, I like scoping.

Related to this: I've been stuck next to somebody in one of my classes who has smelled EXACTLY like that all semester. I'd move, but there's only three weeks left. College seating is weird.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Haha 1

Also the worst part is when someone sits next to you when there are plenty of other seats available that aren't right next to me.  When I saw A Wrinkle in Time, two people walked in late and sat down right next to me.  Not even leaving a chair in between us, literally right next to me.  The theater had like 200 empty seats too.  Moved right after that, but like, did you not see me sitting right there?  What the fuck?

• Like 3

Just now, That One Guy said:

Also the worst part is when someone sits next to you when there are plenty of other seats available that aren't right next to me.  When I saw A Wrinkle in Time, two people walked in late and sat down right next to me.  Not even leaving a chair in between us, literally right next to me.  The theater had like 200 empty seats too.  Moved right after that, but like, did you not see me sitting right there?  What the fuck?

When I saw Geostorm, there was only one other guy there. He sat right next to me. I moved when the movie started because that's creepy :gold: 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

1MwWbS7ND1i8nUgeUaT7yA9HFNypJJG6qy4qS5oF

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Related to this: I've been stuck next to somebody in one of my classes who has smelled EXACTLY like that all semester. I'd move, but there's only three weeks left. College seating is weird.

Wow I guess your height and I guess the smell of your classmate. I'm That's so Raven af. Lottery time.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

I don't mind reserved seating because the theater I frequent has those fancy recliner chairs where people can kick back and relax (or doze off lol). Hard to get a bad seat unless you're in the very first row (especially in the giant screen theater, why they even sell them is beyond me).