Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Well shit, dude, the guy was talking about the movie. No policy is perfect -- take a page from MrPink's book and just move on. It's not the end of the world.

Um no he was not, he was talking about Episode 9 and then used IW as a reference?

Easy for you to say, I been looking forward to this weekend for months and you know I am a huge MCU fan. 

Now I am banned for no logical reason because you guys are being unreasonable. 

You think I should be happy because the Mod team is clearly being unreasonable? 

Edited by Lordmandeep

6 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

You're the one that complained before that we only were tough on SW movies...

This is not a similar situation at all and you know that, try harder:hahaha:

and you just proved you have a  personal bias against me :)

Edited by Lordmandeep

Draft thoughts:

- Lamar Jackson should've been much higher. Just like Deshaun Watson, he was underappreciated by the "experts." He's going to light you up on Sunday's soon, just wait.

- Don't understand the Josh Allen hype at all, and what's this about him being racist? I'm guessing he had some stupid past tweets come up.

- I don't know who DJ Moore is, but apparently he was the best WR in the Big Ten, even at only 6', so I guess I'm cool with the Panther's taking him, though I would've liked Calvin Ridley.

- Saquon Barkley at #2...okay. Ps Lamar Jackson had better rushing numbers.

- Baker Mayfield at #1, don't really agree, but whatever, good for him. Former "short" walk on, breaking the stigma's that QB's "have" to be 6'5'' 250.

- San Darnold at #3, don't agree at-all. Imo he should've stayed SoCal, he is turnover happy...but he fits that "traditional QB" look along with Allen that apparently Baker and Lamar lack so...

- Denver with Von Miller and now Bradley Chubb will be nasty...good pick

- Hayden Hurst of USCar getting taken in the 1st round, surprising, but I like it.

- Why did Jax get another defensive player? they're already loaded...I personally would've taken a WR. Come on Jax.

- I'm surprised, and also not surprised at Sony Michel being before Nick Chubb.

- Derwin James was the man at FSU and in the ACC, figured he'd be higher than 17.

- Josh Rosen needs to fix his attitude. "I was taken 10th" boo hoo. He's a good fit for the Cards, but a calculator guy from UCLA should be much more humble than that. You're about to make millions to throw a ball, shut up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Easy for you to say, I been looking forward to this weekend for months and you know I am a huge MCU fan. 

Now I am banned for no logical reason because you guys are being unreasonable. 

You think I should be happy because the Mod team is clearly being unreasonable? 

There was a very logical reason: You (inadvertently) posted spoilers, thus ruining things for lots of other huge MCU fans just like you. The very reason the policy is in place is to cut down on this stuff happening.

You can still look forward to the weekend, you can post in the other IW threads, you can even post in the weekend thread come Sunday. Please look at things beyond just what affects you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is not a similar situation at all and you know that, try harder:hahaha:

It's the exact same situation.  A few months ago you complained about:

1) We are only hyper-sensitive about SW spoilers. ( not true back then, obviously not true now)

2) We pick only on you. ( obviously not true )

3) Mods are exempt. ( In general we handle mod issues privately but mods have been thread-banned or self banned a few times )

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

There was a very logical reason: You (inadvertently) posted spoilers, thus ruining things for lots of other huge MCU fans just like you. The very reason the policy is in place is to cut down on this stuff happening.

You can still look forward to the weekend, you can post in the other IW threads, you can even post in the weekend thread come Sunday. Please look at things beyond just what affects you.

However, how can I be blamed for that if  I had no idea it was a spoiler?

Technically anyone can be banned for this without any intention of actually spoiling.

You can simply delete the post and move on? 

That is what any reasonable mod would do? 

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

It's the exact same situation.  A few months ago you complained about:

1) We are only hyper-sensitive about SW spoilers. ( not true back then, obviously not true now)

2) We pick only on you. ( obviously not true )

3) Mods are exempt. ( In general we handle mod issues privately but mods have been thread-banned or self banned a few times )

I did not spoil the movie as I had no idea it was a spoiler and I have not seen the movie.

This is not related to me actually spoiling TLJ in the past at all and you bringing up the past is to justify a current banning that had no basis in any logic. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I did not spoil the movie as I had no idea it was a spoiler and I have not seen the movie.

This is not related to me actually spoiling TLJ in the past at all and you bringing up the past is to justify a banning that had no basis in any logic. 

A similar thing happened to me with Blockers a few weeks ago. A certain plot element was being discussed in the weekend thread, and I ended up with a threadban because I simply used the word. I had no clue it was a spoiler, and everyone else was talking about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

However, how can I be blamed for that if  I had no idea it was a spoiler?

Technically anyone can be banned for this without any intention of actually spoiling.

You can simply delete the post and move on? 

That is what any reasonable mod would do? 

You're arguing intent. Zero tolerance doesn't take intent into account.

If you want to push for a policy change, you should talk to @Water Bottle, @grim22, and @AndyLL

edit: this is the Weekend Numbers thread. Discussing the movie (beyond a general "I liked it" / "I didn't like it" is for the other threads).

3 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

You're arguing intent. Zero tolerance doesn't take intent into account.

If you want to push for a policy change, you should talk to @Water Bottle, @grim22, and @AndyLL

You know zero tolerance policies are stupid, how can be a party to such stupidity.

Just lost a ton of respect for you bud. 

I thought you were the most logical and reasonable of all the mods here. 

You expect me to be happy for being punished for no reason. If it was any weekend, but this weekend, it just burns really badly into me. :kitschjob:

I will respect the ban, but it does not mean I agree with it. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

A similar thing happened to me with Blockers a few weeks ago. A certain plot element was being discussed in the weekend thread, and I ended up with a threadban because I simply used the word. I had no clue it was a spoiler, and everyone else was talking about it.

It's a weekend numbers thread, not a "discuss the movie" thread.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

You know zero tolerance policies are stupid, how can be a party to such stupidity.

Just lost a ton of respect for you bud. 

The world's smallest violin plays for you, LMD. Since my stance on this issue hasn't changed from when it was first instituted -- back when I had influence over such decisions -- I'm not sure why you just now lost respect for me.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

The world's smallest violin plays for you, LMD. Since my stance on this issue hasn't changed from when it was first instituted -- back when I had influence over such decisions -- I'm not sure why you just now lost respect for me.

You simply cannot accept there is a flaw in this policy as you must show you authority as a mod. 

Clearly, you guys are a bunch of shitty terrible mods then if that is your reasoning.

I see no point to this conversation, anymore. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

BTW... publically complaining about it and the staff is the absolutely worst thing you could have done.

If people have issues with their punishments they should privately contact @Water Bottle and/or the admins 'calmly' explaining why the punishment was unwarranted or too harsh.  That gives multiple members of the staff a chance to look at it and decide if the punishment should be reduced or removed.

Things not to do:

1) Complain about the policy.  You may not like the policy but it is the forums policy.  We have made it abundantly clear that even minor spoilers would not be tolerated in the weekend thread

2) Complain that you didn't know it was a spoiler.  It's your job to know what you're posting.  If you don't understand the reference you are quoting don't quote it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

BTW... publically complaining about it and the staff is the absolutely worst thing you could have done.

If people have issues with their punishments they should privately contact @Water Bottle and/or the admins 'calmly' explaining why the punishment was unwarranted or too harsh.  That gives multiple members of the staff a chance to look at it and decide if the punishment should be reduced or removed.

Things not to do:

1) Complain about the policy.  You may not like the policy but it is the forums policy.  We have made it abundantly clear that even minor spoilers would not be tolerated in the weekend thread

2) Complain that you didn't know it was a spoiler.  It's your job to know what you're posting.  If you don't understand the reference you are quoting don't quote it. 

Oh please, I just publicly shown the stupidity of your policy and I know you will not change the ban because of your personal disposition against me.  

Edited by Lordmandeep