Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Marijuana is less harmful than cigarretes or alcohol. There has never been a death recorded by marijuana.

Marijuana is a mind altering substance and can improve the chances of getting into a deadly accident.  It also makes people lazy and usually only focused on one thing at a time.  Sometimes during these years of laziness, an unrelated death might happen and it will look like it branded with marijuana but it isn't.  example - 'and reports showing marijuana in the victims blood stream' - end example.

9 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

Marijuana is a mind altering substance and can improve the chances of getting into a deadly accident.  It also makes people lazy and usually only focused on one thing at a time.  Sometimes during these years of laziness, an unrelated death might happen and it will look like it branded with marijuana but it isn't.  example - 'and reports showing marijuana in the victims blood stream' - end example.

Marijuana is demonized by the general public but the truth is that it's far less dangerous and harmful than it is presented. I have seen way more people putting their lifes at stake while drinking alcohol than while smoking weed. Of cource there are dangers but there is nothing in life that isn't dangerous. If you never risk you will lead a pathetic life, closed in your home without any human contact.

Medically I don't question that weed is less harmful than tobacco or alcohol. That doesn't mean it is "better" for you. Anecdotally if I compare the people I know who are stoners against the people I know who smoke... well there's not much of a question which I think are better off. 

6 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Didn't you tell me off yesterday for believing this?

There is a huge difference when having a family. When you are alone, the risks that you are taking affect solely yourself and you are free to take them. But when have a family you have other people attached to you and you need to be more responsible.

I already told you I have no problem with your lifestyle. It's just that I do not find it fitting for someone that would want to become a parent soon.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Marijuana is demonized by the general public but the truth is that it's far less dangerous and harmful than it is presented. I have seen way more people putting their lifes at stake while drinking alcohol than while smoking weed. Of cource there are dangers but there is nothing in life that isn't dangerous. If you never risk you will lead a pathetic life, closed in your home without any human contact.

Marijuana is a heavy in the psychological aspects.  This can be terrifying and life altering to those who are sensitive.  Alcohol raises inhibitions and you become comfortable, easy going, and confident.  Marijuana can be the opposite.   It has its useful purposes, but I think it should have age restrictions or be looked at through academic lenses in all relations before further distributing it.

9 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

Medically I don't question that weed is less harmful than tobacco or alcohol. That doesn't mean it is "better" for you. Anecdotally if I compare the people I know who are stoners against the people I know who smoke... well there's not much of a question which I think are better off. 

What about a stoner and an alcoholic though? I have no personal experience but from what I've heard and read the latter is equally bad or even worse. You also don't have to be an addict. I have never been one and yet I have smoked weed quite a few times in my life.

What I am trying to say is that some people believe that If you smoke a joint you will go crazy and be in immediate danger.

As I said I have seen way more people being out of control while drunk than stoned. The combination of cource is another story.  :P

I feel like kids being on marijuana would be like the movie Get Out, where they go under and learn about life's lessons.  This is if they experience bad trips.  Marijuana contaminates peoples views on things and before participates with this novelty, I suggest they go online and do one of those violent video brainwashing things or something so you can interpret heaviness with desensitization for yourself first before being put under influence/pressure.  

Edited by mathemetrics

2 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

Marijuana is a heavy in the psychological aspects.  This can be terrifying and life altering to those who are sensitive.  Alcohol raises inhibitions and you become comfortable, easy going, and confident.  Marijuana can be the opposite.   It has its useful purposes, but I think it should have age restrictions or be looked at through academic lenses in all relations before further distributing it.

Alcohol can be the opposite too. When I am unwell and I drink, I feel like shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

I feel like kids being on marijuana would be like the movie Get Out, where they go under and learn about life's lessons.  This is if they experience bad trips.  Marijuana contaminates peoples views on things and before participates with this novelty, I suggest they go online and do one of those violent video brainwashing things or something so you can interpret heaviness with desensitization for yourself first before being put under influence/pressure.  

this can lead to it being a gateway to other forms of drugs so one can handle the paranoia and be able to adhere well in public.  the only solution I can find is to be selfish and look after your mind.  this is sometimes where I find blocking, unfollowing and other things like that the logical route when personally navigating the internet and controlling your own safe space.

26 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

What about a stoner and an alcoholic though? I have no personal experience but from what I've heard and read the latter is equally bad or even worse. You also don't have to be an addict. I have never been one and yet I have smoked weed quite a few times in my life.

What I am trying to say is that some people believe that If you smoke a joint you will go crazy and be in immediate danger.

As I said I have seen way more people being out of control while drunk than stoned. The combination of cource is another story.  :P

No one believes this.

Also most people who drink regularly are not alcoholics. I would consider pretty much all regular weed users to be stoners since it has a great effect on them that alcohol doesn't seem to. 

Alcohol and weed are both depressants and alter/loosen your inhibitions. They can both be dangerous when you are in that state regardless of medical/physical long term effects.

I wonder if you can upload peoples thoughts onto the internet.  and if we can also get everyones soul in writing on the internet and their intentions in life for everything.  I think it is important for pre-crime for everyones mind to be 100% transparent.  

1 hour ago, Cmasterclay said:

I.....I don't see anything wrong with what she said at all. Sure, probably wouldn't have saved a Wrinkle in Time, but her thoughts about increasing diversity in film critic circles and letting new voices take the lead is...100 percent right?

I think it’s more of the delivery.  It sounds more like she’s telling existing critics to shut up instead of encouraging new voices to speak up.

The message to increase diversity in different industries is good.  The message to shut people up already working in those industries in counterproductive.  I think more problems are caused when you come across as trying to discourage any group of people to work in an industry.

I thought it was a harmful approach with good reasons behind it

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

nobody?

I've never heard of anyone thinking marijuana is dangerous let alone lethal. Although I forgot, I live in a developed country, maybe wherever you live is different and a bit dumb.

4 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

@mathemetrics are you a user who's been dormant for a long time or have you changed your name? I swear I've never seen you before today.

matrix before.  was thinking of going with 'mathematrix or mathamatrix' but then ill probably just end up changing it again anyways.  

I like mathemetrics, but I feel it is almost too original so I might want to sour it down a little.  

5 hours ago, AJG said:

Does anyone in Nevada know the weed laws? I’m going tomorrow and I want to be safe.

I'll answer your question instead of posting a meme. The answer is yes it's legal to buy, but it's illegal to smoke it in public. It's trickier for tourists because you can't do it in hotels either and I don't think there's any "weed bars" like alcohol bars. I'm not sure if you plan on bringing it with you on the plane either, but if you are, you might want to rethink that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/11/11/las-vegas-you-can-buy-pot-but-theres-nowhere-smoke/845398001/

http://www.latimes.com/travel/deals/la-tr-las-vegas-pot-legal-july-1-20170616-story.html

https://kushtourism.com/nevada-marijuana-information/

Edited by Jandrew

51 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

I think it’s more of the delivery.  It sounds more like she’s telling existing critics to shut up instead of encouraging new voices to speak up.

The message to increase diversity in different industries is good.  The message to shut people up already working in those industries in counterproductive.  I think more problems are caused when you come across as trying to discourage any group of people to work in an industry.

I thought it was a harmful approach with good reasons behind it

But that's not what she said. She didn't say "all white men, shut up." That's a hysterical exaggeration that plays right into the MRA hands. It's complete misinterpretation. She said that 70 year old white guys might not have the perspective to judge certain art in a smart way, which is true!

• Like 2