Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

29 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Ironically, the reason those big (DC) threads have such byzantine posting rules is because the mods here are super lenient and basically don't ban repeat trolls. They just ignore the rules, get thread banned for a few days, then do it all over again.

Recently, we made the decision to start adding points to a thread-ban, if the person was a repeat offender. The choice of whether to add points is up to staff discretion.

23 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

I certainly can see this point and as usual the staff will likely discuss how we can better handle movies like JL in the future. 

But to be fair...

In general the issues seem to limited to certain franchises and even forum bans don't fix the problem. 

It is very hard to determine the point where passion and opinion  turns into trolling. We tend to err on the side of caution.  We can't perma-ban everyone that goes off the rails.

I think you guys just wish the next Dc films are well received ...would save a lot of headaches.

Lol

Saw The Florida Project. Not sure I really enjoyed it (the overall characters were depressing, everyone seems to hate Dafeo in the film), but I did really like the kids perspective that the film showed. I agree with the complaint regarding the ending though. It was so abrupt, and just came out of the blue. Like really?

Pizza for lunch today.

Wagyu Beef with a Wild Mushroom medley and Green Capsicum on a Hoisin & Tomato Base, garnished with Shōga (Ginger) and a whole Chilli, topped with a Japanese inspired dressing. (All pizzas topped with 100% Australian Mozzarella cheese)

Crust_WaguShoga_MOBILE_600x600.png

Just now, DeeCee said:

Pizza for lunch today.

Wagyu Beef with a Wild Mushroom medley and Green Capsicum on a Hoisin & Tomato Base, garnished with Shōga (Ginger) and a whole Chilli, topped with a Japanese inspired dressing. (All pizzas topped with 100% Australian Mozzarella cheese)

Crust_WaguShoga_MOBILE_600x600.png

I'm gonna need a taste test before I found out if this violates The Pizza Law.

http://www.slashfilm.com/moviepass-annual-subscription/

As the company expanded its operations, it finally began to settle into its new subscription base of more than 600,000 users. And now MoviePass is already offering up a new deal: an up-front annual subscription of $89.95, which amounts to about $6.95 a month. But how much of a discount is it really?

The MoviePass annual subscription is a limited-time promotion that will last 12 months, according to the website. Users pay $89.95 up front, plus a $6.55 processing fee. “Once your year is up, your plan will convert back into your $9.95 a month. Offer valid until it’s not. Limit two per household,” the MoviePass website says.

Current subscribers can change to the annual plan for 12 months if they want to, after which the subscription will revert to the $9.95 per month plan. According to the MoviePass FAQ, the annual plan is the only one available to new subscribers, who can’t subscribe to the monthly $9.95 plan until the limited offer expires. However canceling is another issue: ” You may cancel your annual subscription at any time. However, there are no refunds for the remaining unused time on your plan. If you change your mind, you will not be able to set up a new account for nine months,” MoviePass writes. You can, however, change your monthly plan to the annual program if you are already a MoviePass subscriber.

We reached out to MoviePass for confirmation on this promotion, and a representative confirmed to us that the company is launching annual subscription, with more details to follow on November 17.

:jeb!:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Before you ask, no, Tele will probably not leak the screeners for your enjoyment

I just want to know where his guild is at relative to other ones.

Spoiler

Particularly how fast he'll get mother!, which hasn't been sent to any guild yet :ph34r: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Like 8-10 so far. None of the hot indie titles yet, tho. 

Disney tried to buy my vote with BATB, CARS 3, and GOTG2 a few days ago. :lol: 

GOTG 2 is worth your time. Watch it with Tele Jr, and he'll be begging for a Baby Groot this Christmas :) 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I just want to know where his guild is at relative to other ones.

Reveal hidden contents

The PGA is not high on the priority list. :lol:  We’re well behind the DGA and SAG and the WGA. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Like 8-10 so far. None of the hot indie titles yet, tho. 

Disney tried to buy my vote with BATB, CARS 3, and GOTG2 a few days ago. :lol: 

Definitely watch GOTG 2.  Throw BATB in the trash and finish Cars 3 if you're bored and have nothing to do

• Like 3