Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Fuck. I have a giant hickey on my neck :kitschjob:

This totally isn't a brag. 

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Fuck I had a really shitty New Years, I thought going to a party would be fun but it was honestly the worst night in a while.

So at the beginning it was fun, I'm the best beer pong player I know and I was pretty much dominating. Then I got really drunk, the hour after that went by and I don't remember all of it, then I started to sober up and I ended up downstairs by myself for a long ass time.

And then I was talking to a bunch of people, socializing obviously and it seemed fun. This girl I've liked for a while I talked to and we hung out for a bit. Then at around 1AM I go downstairs and my best friend is making out with her... the only person I ever told up front that I'm into her.

Like fuck I know he doesn't live in town and he's gone in a couple days but I just feel so betrayed and heartbroken :( 

It hurts more now that I'm mostly sobered up

:whosad: 

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

RT said Lady Bird and War for the Planet of the Apes were the two best family films of 2017?

How on earth are those family films?  Ones a (light) R rating and the other edges on it.

Family doesn’t necessarily mean just for kids

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, New Year New Panda said:

A family film does mean that it has to be accessible to kids.  

I read said article.  It clarifies that it can be families of all ages.  So if you have kids that are around 12/13, you could watch Apes with them, and if they’re 14/15, then you could watch Lady Bird with them.

21 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Happy New Years to my brothers and sisters in Oceana and the Far East! Damn i love New Years.

Yall better wish it to me in 10.5 hours though. I’ll @ you.

Wheres my Happy New Years? Yall ass. Take these @s. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I read said article.  It clarifies that it can be families of all ages.  So if you have kids that are around 12/13, you could watch Apes with them, and if they’re 14/15, then you could watch Lady Bird with them.

I still disagree with that line of thinking.  If you have a 17 year old you can watch Hard to Be a God with them, doesn’t mean Hard to be a God is a family movie.

Just now, That One Guy said:

But...Lady Bird isn't Hard to be a God :lol: 

I know it’s not, but it’s also not a ‘family’ film.

Family film implies it’s good for all ages, Lady Bird isn’t.  Not even it’s inappropriate but because I think most kids younger than 14/15 won’t be able to appreciate/enjoy it.

War for the Planet of the Apes is also not good for all ages.  It’s definitely too dark for anyone under 12/13 (and like Lady Bird I think anyone under 14-15 won’t enjoy it).

Those movies have also not attracted family audiences for a reason (because they aren’t family films)

Just now, tribefan695 said:

I think they meant movies about families, not movies for them.

Jumanji and Captain Underpants were also on the list (and Wonder but that one is about a family).

Those three are definitely family movies, which is what makes the Lady Bird and Apes inclusions jarring.  It comes across as whoever wrote the article doesn’t understand what it means for a film to be good for a family demo.