Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Letterboxd says my most watched director in 2017 was Wes Anderson and my most watched actor was Samuel L Jackson :jeb!: 

my most watched director was Gore Verbinski lmao I'm not surprised.  Samuel L. Jackson was also my most watched actor, helps that he's in like everything

edit: should probably clarify this was before I lost my account so this could've easily changed

Edited by That One Guy

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Can someone spoil me on his role in Colossal?

Spoiler

He's Hathaway's childhood friend who sets her up with a job and a place when she comes back home after boyfriend Dan Stevens breaks up with her for her addiction problems. As you know from the marketing, she finds out that she controls a giant kaiju in Seoul that only appears when she goes to the playground. As it turns out, he also controls a giant robot because he and Hathaway (along with their respective monster and robot toys) got struck by lightning at the same time when they were kids as he was destroying her science project. He starts becoming increasingly controlling and abusive towards her (including setting fireworks off in and destroying his bar as she's about to leave) and uses his avatar causing mass destruction in Seoul as a way of getting her to stay with him. She ends up flying to Seoul as he's about to destroy the city via his avatar and hers appears on the playground and picks him up. He starts crying and finally yells at her to "put me down, you fucking bitch." Realizing he's an asshole to the end, she tosses him (and his avatar) far out into the distance, causing the robot to disappear and him to his death.

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Nah I was siding with Hathaway because that twist for his character was dumb as hell and poorly developed.

lmao if you've ever known anyone like that in real life (I have), then you'd know that they often act one way at first before eventually revealing their true colors and showing how much of a manipulative asshole they are.  but of course you can always go the easy way out and call it "poorly developed"