Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

i only watched it because amazon are offering it for free too. but hey the golden globes made up a pretty great show i must say. give it all the emmys too.

I'm not complaining at all.  cool character arc you wrote for yourself there.  can't wait to see what else CoolioD1 Season 7 does.

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

finished the first season of marvelous mrs maisel. overall it was pretty wonderful. doing research afterwards i noticed a pretty weird oversight though, and that's that rachel brosnahan hasn't been cast in every single major motion picture currently in production. seriously she's amazing.

Is the show better or worse than Gilmore Girls?

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I've had fantasies of being a screenwriter but I'm too self-conscious about how stupid my ideas sound to commit to it.

I'm trying to pursue my dream of writing. Trust me, your ideas are probably better than mine. Don't know why I think I can make it in this industry. 3 years in and I still don't have a manager much less closer to selling a script. But I'm doing it anyways! Probably.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is the show better or worse than Gilmore Girls?

i've never really watched a full gilmore girls. others watch it as i walk in and out of the living room and eh it seems kinda annoying to me but i know i shouldn't judge unless i at least watch a full one so i dunno what to tell you.

My mom has Gilmore Girls on ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME.  i hate that show more than anything on planet earth but have never fully committed to watching an episode of it.  that music is permanently implanted in my brain.  it drives me insane.  maybe the show is okay and whatnot but fuck that show.

I know, I know, I have a duty to get one if I value human life, but it's still aggravating that one of my arms is chronically sore after getting a flu shot and I can't massage it at all to make it better. 

Edited by tribefan695

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

My mom has Gilmore Girls on ALL. THE. FUCKING. TIME.  i hate that show more than anything on planet earth but have never fully committed to watching an episode of it.  that music is permanently implanted in my brain.  it drives me insane.  maybe the show is okay and whatnot but fuck that show.

It's actually pretty fantastic.

It's definitely very "mom show," but it has some really clever and smart dialogue and sequences, and really strong actors with great chemistry to elevate even some of the hokey moments. Of course, I like having a good dose of cheese in my content sometimes, so I totally understand why people wouldn't like it.

3 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

It's definitely very "mom show," but it has some really clever and smart dialogue and sequences, and really strong actors with great chemistry to elevate even some of the hokey moments. Of course, I like having a good dose of cheese in my content sometimes, so I totally understand why people wouldn't like it.

It is extremely well made, with a lot of long take (to go with your strong actors point) and a nice budget for the exteriors sequence.

• Like 1