Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I've seen people toss around certain words on its portrayal of love, so I get the sense I know what happens.

Also, IT'S YOUR FAULT FOR NOT SPECIFYING THE MOVIE

i don’t know man if I see a spoiler tag for a film then I just say “oh not gonna click on that because it might be a spoiler not worth the risk.”

Anyways, for the past half hour or so I've just been on my bed thinking about how fucked my future is. The other night, my mom flat out said she doesn't want me going to a university because I don't know what to major in; instead, she wants me to postpone my associates graduation and just be a transient student at other community colleges until I figure out what I want to do. That won't solve ANY of my issues. Any time I try defending that I can change my major, all she does is say "but I want you to get it right the first time and not waste my money on room and board!" There's a reason I want to rush out of this area, and she understands why. Postponing my AA degree will do absolutely nothing except waste time and leave me even more depressed. Plus, y'know, there's the whole thing about me being a miserable human being.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anyways, for the past half hour or so I've just been on my bed thinking about how fucked my future is. The other night, my mom flat out said she doesn't want me going to a university because I don't know what to major in; instead, she wants me to postpone my associates graduation and just be a transient student at other community colleges until I figure out what I want to do. That won't solve ANY of my issues. Any time I try defending that I can change my major, all she does is say "but I want you to get it right the first time and not waste my money on room and board!" There's a reason I want to rush out of this area, and she understands why. Postponing my AA degree will do absolutely nothing except waste time and leave me even more depressed. Plus, y'know, there's the whole thing about me being a miserable human being.

Don't you spend the first year or so doing requirements anyway? It's not like you're gonna be wasting the money

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Isn't that a good thing? Saving the best for last is more rewarding.

Also, two of these haven't expanded to me (and one of them definitely won't), so ease off.

Phantom Thread has likely stalled in expansion (if it dropped after getting a Best Picture nom and didn't have its showtimes slashed like CMBYN did...) so you might as well make the trek to Orlando and see those two while you still can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Phantom Thread has likely stalled in expansion (if it dropped after getting a Best Picture nom and didn't have its showtimes slashed like CMBYN did...) so you might as well make the trek to Orlando and see those two while you still can.

hah, that ain't happening :whosad: 

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Wow. That is beyond stupid. What does legitimacy of Twitter followers have to do with his reviews? He doesn’t even have a quarter million followers. :lol:

I like Roeper. One of the last few critics to leave political biases out of his reviews.

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Major depression isn't going to just go away because you're in a big school, gets worse for a lot of ppl. Talk to someone (not a backwards-minded parent lol) about it

Also get a job

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

I wanna try my damndest to see all the BP nominees before the end of February. Largely depends on whether CMBYN and Phantom Thread come to my theater or not.

It's worth making an extra trek for both of them tbh, especially the former.

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Major depression isn't going to just go away because you're in a big school, gets worse for a lot of ppl. Talk to someone (not a backwards-minded parent lol) about it

Also get a job

Such as? It's not like my parents are going to let me see a psychiatrist. The last time I brought that possibility up, I was shamed about it (IE "Do you really need to see a psychiatrist?").

As for a job, if someone's hiring that's not fast food, I'll apply, but unfortunately nobody is right now.